Dementors and Discussions

authors note: editing die here again. i'm so tired. kisses.

August 2, 1993

The next three days were the most enjoyable of the whole summer. They had celebrated Harry's birthday with butterbeers at the Leaky Cauldron and a big coconut cake from Molly, and many, many games of quidditch. However, the evanescent weekend passed, and before they knew it the kids were all crammed back in the familiar bustle of platform 9 ¾.

Ginny had promptly abandoned them for her friend Luna Lovegood, and Harry and Ron left to find Hermione. Percy claimed to have very important Head Boy responsibilities, and wandered off to the front of the train- presumably to bother the driver and the other prefects.

This left Elodie, Fred, and George, and absolutely no empty carriages.

A few Hufflepuff boys asked the twins if they wanted to share with them, probably hoping the could get an in on the next big prank, but had promptly been denied by Fred, who claimed he wanted to find Lee and Maura.

"They seemed perfectly good blokes, you know, and their compartment was nice and empty..." George whinged.

"Come now, Georgie, we haven't seen them all summer!" Fred pulled his twin. Lee was sitting with Alicia and Katie, Maura nowhere to be found.

"Wotcher Fred! Elodie... George." Lee smiled at them, avoiding George's eye. "Come sit?"

It was disheartening, seeing George and Lee like this-before everything happened, they had been inseparable: always sitting next to each other on train rides and meals, sharing homework or games of snap. Come to think of it, the two of them had probably been a long time coming. But now George sat on the opposite side of the train, staring at his shoes.

"Bug over, you're taking up the entire bloody bench." Elodie moaned, kicking at Fred's legs that had been spread out over the seat.

"You'd have to sit on top of me, I'm not moving." Fred shook his head stubbornly, closing his eyes like he wanted to sleep.

Shrugging, Elodie sat on his crossed legs, causing Fred to yelp with pain.

"Alright, alright..." He said callously, swinging his feet over the cushion.

"S'what you get." Elodie stuck her tongue out at him playfully, taking her seat.

Fred returned the gesture, and slouched back down, trying to put his legs back in her lap.

"Hey!" She protested.

"I'm knackered. Surely you wouldn't deny your best friend a wink of sleep?" Fred pouted.

"Git." Elodie rolled her eyes, but relented and took his legs in her lap, resting her arm on his knee.

"H-Hi!" Maura had arrived at the compartment door, looking slightly out of breath.

"Where were you?" Katie asked her, scooting over to make room for her on the bench.

"Erm, bathroom." Maura replied.

"Hello, lot!" Iris appeared behind her, grinning widely. "Hope you don't mind if I join you? Everywhere else is packed."

"Not at all." Alicia smiled. Iris placed herself between Maura and the wall, a bit cosily- five people on one bench really didn't bode too well.

Their carriage was now utterly crammed, but more people kept filing in.

At half past three, Forrest showed up and introduced himself to Lee and the girls. Luckily he decided against sitting with them, although George kindly offered, moving to make room.