Infinity

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

September 1, 1994- a continuation

"Oi! Weasley!"

Fred turned around, a blazing look in his eyes. He looked like he was about to say something bitter, but all that came out was a throaty "...Yeah?"

"What is your problem?"

They stood, Elodie hovering just slightly above him in the stairwell. She could see his hands gripping the rail, knuckles as white as paper. Was he really that angry?

"My problem!?" Fred croaked. "My problem is that I waited for you for six bloody years, and I didn't want to wait a second more, and you stole that from me."

He stepped closer to her, fists balled.

"My problem is that I want infinity with you and I can't have that. I didn't smoke all summer, just for you, because you make me live, Elodie. You make me want to live."

Fred was inches away from her face now, so close that she could hear his heartbeat. His expression had softened, now, brown eyes tender.

"My problem," he breathed, "is that you keep breaking my heart and putting it back together again, and one day, the pieces just won't fit."

Elodie gasped for air, but couldn't find any. They had been transported to the stars, and Elodie was without a spacesuit.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. He shook his head, his thumb grazing her lips gently.

"Don't be."

Their lips collided, and Elodie didn't know where Fred ended and she began. His lips—god, his lips were meant to be on hers. Their breaths were supposed to be shared, their bodies destined to be tangled together.

Elodie wrapped her fingers in his hair desperately, wishing that she could kiss him until the end of time.

"Elodie, Elodie, Elodie, Elodie..." Fred muttered against her lips, like her name was a tiny grace of which only he was presented.

He placed kisses on her nose, and her forehead, and her neck, and all the places she had dreamt he would one day kiss.

She wrapped her arms around him, hoping that she would never, ever, have to leave this boy's embrace.

Elodie looked up, her heart beating as fast as the wings of a hummingbird. "I don't want to break your heart. Ever."

"I would be lucky," Fred tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "To have my heart broken by you."

Elodie kissed him again, sighing into his lips. "Merlin, Weasley. So eager for pain."

Fred grinned. "I'm just dangerous like that."

Elodie laughed. Dear Godric, she was kissing Fred Weasley. This had to be some sort of fever dream that she was about to wake up from. No one was that lucky.

"Oh, on the topic of danger..."

Elodie pouted. "Six years and all I get is one kiss? Pathetic!"

Fred smirked at her, picking her up throwing her over his shoulder. He carried a shrieking Elodie down the stairs and threw her onto the couch. Fred lay on top of her, trailing kisses down her lips, and her neck, and her chest. Elodie smiled.

Fred withdrew his lips from her body, making Elodie almost keen to forcibly pull him back down. "As I was saying..." He continued, smiling down at her.