Sickle For Your Thoughts

author's note: firewhiskey (for those of age) and a kiss on the cheek to anyone who uses their limited hours to read my writing.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

September 2, 1992

The next morning, Maura shook the sleeping rock that was Elodie, attempting to wake her.

"Els, wake up! Mcgonnagal's handing out schedules this morning!" She informed her. Elodie groaned and rolled out of bed.

"What time is it?" She grumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"Six thirty. Now come on, get dressed!" Maura said happily, clapping her hands.

Even after four years of being friends, Elodie could not comprehend how someone could be so cheerful in the morning, or how Maura's hair was still inexplicably perfect. Her hair, on the other hand, could never seem to not be messy.

She grappled with her tangled hair, which was ultimately a losing battle, and dismissed her black robes, as it looked sunny out. In a final statement of defiance, she tugged at her tight Gryffindor tie so it hung loosely around her neck.

"Elodie, Mcgonnagal's going to murder you if you forget your robes again." Alicia laughed from across the room.

"It's not forgetting if I purposely leave them behind." Elodie winked. Maura rolled her eyes as she packed both of their school bags neatly.

"Thanks, Maurs." Elodie smiled. Maura was very much the organized one of the pair. If it was up to her, she would just levitate her books through the halls- what did it matter if they hit a couple of second years?

The four Gryffindors girls ventured to the common room to find it practically empty, besides a few older students on the couch and grey-haired Professor Mcgonagall perched at one of the tables.

"I'm glad some of you know the values of timeliness!" She declared, glaring up at the boys dormitories. "Miss Florence, do you even try to put yourself together?" Mcgonagall looked Elodie up and down disappointedly. Alicia shot her an I-told-you-so glance.

"Nope!" She replied cheerfully. "I'll be just a second." She flew up the stairs to where the twins still lay sleeping. She took a spare pillow from George's bed and used it to slam into his face, and subsequently, Fred's.

"Oi! Els! We're sleeping!" Fred groaned, pulling his pillow over his ears.

"Mcgonagall wanted you guys down, like, five minutes ago!" Elodie exclaimed, smacking him once more. George got up reluctantly, but Fred was still glued to his bed.

"Fine, fine, don't get your wand in a twist." George muttered at her. "Well be down in like two minutes, Els." He grinned sleepily. She ran back down the stairs, smiling apologetically at Mcgonagall.

"They'll be down in a minute."

As if on queue, Fred and George came hurtling down the stairs with Lee and their fourth roommate (a sandy-haired boy named Finnigan Bletchley) trailing behind them. The four of them looked an absolute mess, hair sticking in every direction and robes unbuttoned. Mcgonagall looked highly unimpressed.

"Misters Weasley, Mr. Jordan, Mr. Blechley, in the future, please do not rely on the likes of Miss Florence to wake you up, or I shall not be this lenient with your fates." She said curtly. The boys nodded quickly, shooting apologetic glances in Elodie's direction. "These are your schedules for the year, do not lose them." The teacher insisted, handing each one of them a small piece of paper with the days of the week on it. Mcgonagall gave them a curt nod and climbed out the portrait hole gracefully.