Iris Day

author's note: happy friday! rainbows and angels to anyone who reads my story.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

February 1, 1993

The next few weeks went by dreadfully slow, with very little fun. Elodie and Fred's friends had to resort to choosing sides as the bickering furthered, which George announced to be a terribly sexist ordeal: Maura, Alicia, and Katie were all unwaveringly with Elodie, but Lee and George stuck around Fred faithfully.

The four girls went practically everywhere together-not quite on purpose, more because of the new restrictions on wandering the castle. Elodie was refreshed by her new closeness with them, and especially by their lack of male stupidity.

She hadn't been to one detention in weeks, which was an impressive feat-Fred and George had considered a month without detention to be a month severally wasted.

However, even with her newfound abundance of female friends, she hadn't had a laugh in a good while. It wasn't their fault, of course, Elodie knew that Alicia was a right riot when she wanted to be, but the school's spirit had been significantly down ever since Colin had been attacked, and jokes were rare these days.

Fred and George tried, needless to say, but no one was in the mood for a practical joke, and jump-scares would've been just cruel.

Katie, Alicia, Maura, and Elodie all stuck together like glue, all slightly terrified that the monster was behind every corner-none of them were purebloods, and therefore all targets.

It didn't look like the monster was being too picky, for one more half-blood student (Hugo Tremlett) had been attacked by the time February came rolling around. No one had died, however. It seemed possible to Elodie that this creature couldn't kill, but Harry had refuted her belief by reminding her that a student had died, the last time the chamber had been opened.

Apparently he had been doing his research. Him, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny had been scarce to be seen around the common room, assumably avoiding the drama that came with getting anywhere near the fourth years.

She did miss her younger friends, though.

"Els, did you do the Transfiguration essay?" Alicia piped up as they sat around the fireplace one night.

"You know I'm rubbish, I'd copy Maura instead. I finished the Potions assignment, though, if you want that." She offered.

"Don't mind if I do." Alicia grinned, snatching up the parchment from the coffee table.

"Hello, ladies!" A drawling voice said from behind them.

"Fred." Maura said cooly.

"Price. Wondered if I could borrow Florence for a moment?" He said, cocking his head to the side.

Katie moved closer to Elodie instinctively. "Not a chance." She narrowed her eyes.

"You're sweet, Kates. I'll go, as long as you promise not to be a complete tosser." Elodie brushed her friend off, standing up and stretching.

"No promises." Fred shrugged. He lead her across the room to where George and Lee were leaning over the table, talking in hushed voices.

"Hello! I assume the war is at a standstill, for the time being?" Elodie popped up next to George, making him jump.

"Els! Indeed it is." He agreed, giving her a hug. Fred glared harshly at his brother.

"Hugging the enemy, Georgie. And I thought you could sink no lower."