The Prank Wars

author's note: hellooo it's editing die here again... i miss cheerful els and forrest :(

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 9th, 1994

The twins were more extravagant when it came to pranks. Elodie was more shrewd. However, she also found herself working for the opposing team for once in her life, which caused more problems than she anticipated.

Fred and George had taken to calling her "the rival" like some stupid evil super-villain in a comic, not to mention shunning her completely should she force information out of them.

Elodie also found herself having to avoid all food or drink when the twins were around- she wasn't about to end up with a swollen tongue or hair growing from her elbows.

Elodie and Forrest had met earlier that day, collecting supplies and intel.

"Do you know the bubbles? In the prefect's bathroom? The unpopable ones?" She had asked.

"Yes, why?" He responded.

"Think you could bring me some?"

So, Elodie and Forrest spent the evening in the Gryffindor boy's dorms, filling the room floor to ceiling with shimmery, unpopable bubbles.

Fred and George were going to have a terrible time trying to get rid of them: Elodie had also set them with a permanent sticking charm-if any of the boys tried to touch them-Merlin help their soul.

"This was brilliant." Forrest beamed at her, standing back to admire their work. The dorm looked like a bubble bath gone horribly wrong.

"Come on now, before they come back from quidditch practice." She grinned.

They retreated to the common room, where Elodie settled herself against him and worked on her Ancient Runes essay. Forrest was a great help: he was brilliant at Ancient Runes.

The twins came back from practice at half past nine, sweaty and exhausted. Fred's hair was swept back chaotically, that fiery gleam in his eyes that he got when he played quidditch still lingering.

"Alright, Fortescue? Wife?" Fred called back as he climbed the stairs.

"Don't call me that," Elodie sang. She turned excitedly to Forrest, clutching his hand in anticipation.

"Three,"

"Two,"

"One."

"WHAT IN GODRIC'S NAME DID YOU DO TO OUR DORMITORY?!"

Elodie and Forrest broke down laughing, as Fred and George stumbled back down the stairs, covered in bubbles.

"Why aren't they popping?!" George exclaimed, trying to rid himself of the soapy substance.

"You both are going to be sorry." Fred glowered.

Elodie shrugged, grinning like a maniac. "Unlikely."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 10, 1994

The next day, every single piece of furniture in the Hufflepuff common room had been turned to jelly.

And, for good measure, Elodie's bed had been teleported into the greenhouses. She had a difficult time explaining that one to Professor Sprout.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 11, 1994