15

Chapter 15: Discovery

           ever since learning about the Autobots June has become more and more anxious. It's not that she hates the Autobots, it's just that she's worried Jack will end up in the middle of a firefight between the Autobots and Decepticons. Case in point, she woke up this morning to find Jack had already left, so she woke Max up and told him to take her to the Autobot base. There's just one problem with this...Max doesn't know where their base actually is. Every time he's been there he was taken through a groundbridge. So currently he's just driving around until he figures out a way to help June with her anxiety.

      "What if Jack and Arcee are out driving around one day and they get ambushed by the Decepticons or MECH? What if-" June says fearfully but gets cut off by Max.

      "Auntie June. Jack is fine. He's responsible and knows him to handle himself and Arcee is a great guardian, she's been protecting him for the last month maybe even longer." Max reassures the worried mother. "Have a little faith in them."

      June lets out a tired sigh. "You're right, I'm sorry."

      "Don't be, Jack is all you have left so it's only natural you wouldn't want to lose him." Max says with a small chuckle.

      "Hey Max? Were you ever caught in a crossfire between the Autobots and Decepticons?" June asked.

       It's at moments like these Max is most thankful for his Vehicle mode. If he were in robot mode he would have flinched or tensed up at the question. He has been caught in between the two factions many times already but if he told June that it'd only make her anxiety worse. The youngling decided to just give her a very simple answer that hopefully will explain how he met the autobots and won't raise her anxiety too much.

         "Once. It was when I first met them." Max says without giving any details.

         After a few more minutes of driving June began to realize how long of a drive thus was.

        "Umm, Max? How far away is their base?" June questions.

        "Well...you see…I don't actually know where it is." Max says nervously.

        "WHAT!" June shouts. "Then where are you taking me?!"

        "Auntie June, relax. I'm taking you to my base to meet a few of my friends." Max answers. "Besides Jack is in good hands, don't worry."

        "I'm his mother, I'm supposed to worry about him." June says in frustration but then sighs realizing that yelling at Max will get them nowhere. 'He doesn't even know where their base is. Perhaps he's right. The Autobots have protected them so far. I should put more faith in them, and Jack.'

      After a few minutes of driving in silence the two arrive at Max's home away from home. June stares at the crashed ship in wonder. Max pulls up into the main room of the ship, lets June out, and then transforms to robot mode. Conveniently enough Steve and Kevin are already in the room watching RWBY on the main terminal of the ship.

      "I bet Summer Rose is still alive." Steve says.

      "Really what makes you say that?" Kevin asked.

      "Well Salem didn't exactly say she killed her." Steve answers.

      "That's true but-" Kevin starts only to get cut off by Max.

      "Hey you two. How's your day been so far?" Max greets.

      The two pause the episode of RWBY and turn to greet Max but then they spot June.