8

Chapter 8: New arrival

   Out in the antarctic a decepticon stasis pod has crash landed and the first ones to arrive at the crash sight was Megatron and a small squad of vehicons.

   “Have your blasters ready in case the autobots show. I will deal with whoever is in the pod.” Megatron orders as he walks up to the pod and tears it open.

   What the warlord finds both shocks and pleases him.

   “Nightblade. You live, I thought you’d perished during the last days of cybertron?” Megatron inquires as a familiar looking femme stepped out of the pod. She is the spitting image of the Autobots current SIC, Arcee. The only difference being her color scheme and optic color, her main armor color is dark purple and her optics are a dull emotionless grey. Once upon a time those optics were a bright silver that showed so much happiness and her primary color was teal. But after being taken from her carrier she was psychologically tortured and experimented on by the Decepticons. After they had stripped her of her emotions they trained her to be the perfect assassin, and it worked.

   “What have you been up to young one?” Megatron asks curiously.

   As a response Nightblade simply shrugged. You see during her transition from child to decepticon assassin, she’d lost her ability to speak. Although this doesn’t bother her at all, she believes actions speak louder than words.

   “You're as boring as ever. But no matter, your ability to offline Autobots is very much needed. You see there are currently five known Autobots on this planet and they’ve been a major thorn in my side. One of those Autobots is none other than your carrier, Arcee.” Megatron explains seeing if he can get some kind of reaction out of the young Decepticon. There is no reaction to this news, not even a twitch.

   “The next time we get word of the Autobot Arcee I’ll be sending you to offline her. But for now we must get you caught up on recent events.” Megatron explains.

   “Soundwave. I need a groundbridge.” Megatron orders through his comm link.

With Max/Shadowstreak

   It’s been two days since Max started taking the Medicine Ratchet had given him and so far it seems to be working. Although to be fair Max hasn’t been in any fights or arguments since his battle with Megatron. Over these last two days max has been wondering if fighting with Megatron was the wisest idea? His parents had often told him that violence should only be used when absolutely necessary. However when Megatron challenged him, he didn’t even try to find an alternate solution, Max had accepted the fight without a second thought in hopes of getting to beat the warlord's head in. On top of this he felt no sympathy for the vehicons he had killed, granted those vehicons would have been no different if the roles were reversed, but Max was supposed to be better than them. Max hates decepticons and appart of him wants revenge for the murder of his parents but every time he killed a decepticon, it only made him feel empty. What makes all of this even worse was the fact that his parents wouldn’t want him to seek revenge, but at times that's all he could think about and he hates himself for it.

   Max pushes away these bad thoughts by doing something to get his mind off these things like mining for energon, tinkering, learning from June, or even chatting with Jack. Max had often found himself asking Jack about the Autobots just because of curiosity. The more Jack had told him the more Max began to feel guilty about the way he had treated them in the past. Every time they had tried to help him he would respond in a negative manner. The Autobots never wanted to harm him or his parents, what happened that day was an accident on the Autobots part. Max began asking himself if every time he’d responded negatively to the Autobots, was it the Decepticon bug in his head or was it his own grief talking?