18

Chapter 18: Invasion part 1.

      "The Dark Spark? What's that?" Raf asked.

      "Is it dangerous?" Jack adds.

      "Yes, very dangerous. The dark spark is said to be the anti-matrix of leadership. According to legend the Dark Spark is said to be a small part of Unicron's spark, but that small part has the ability to bend space and time. We'd encountered it on cybertron during the war when Megatron uncovered it. Optimus had managed to over power Megatron on the Dark Spark with his Matrix of leadership, but it would seem we'd failed in destroying it." Ratchet explains.

     "How did it end up attached to Max?" Arcee asked.

     "The Dark Spark has a habit of driving it's wielder insane, and yet Max seems to be functioning just fine. At the moment the best explanation I can give is that Megatron must've given it to him when he was just a newly created sparkling. Max must have been living with it inside him this whole time and as such he and the Dark Spark assimilated with each other in some way, shape, or form." Ratchet explains. "Before it was inactive which explains why we couldn't pick up any dark energon readings from Max, but now something has changed."

     "That explains his odd aggressive behavior at times and his abnormal strength at times." Arcee says. "Also in the few encounters we've had with him strange things would happen, like his optic suddenly turning purple when he's angry among other things."

     "Ratchet, can you remove it?" Optimus asked.

     Ratchet looks at Max's open chassis for a moment before turning his attention back to his leader. "I'm not sure, but I will try. In the meantime Max will need to stay with us and remain in stasis so I can work."

     "Stasis?" June questions in concern for her guardian and nephew.

     "It means we will have to keep him unconscious allowing his mind and body to rest whilst also studying him so that I might find a way to remove that accursed artifact from his chest. If he were to be conscious he would only refuse us. Though I can't blame him, having some poking around in your chassis to remove something can feel very uncomfortable. But it must be done, for his own safety and everyone else's." Ratchet explains before turning his attention to Steve and Kevin. "Can one of you take June home?"

     "I will. Steve you go tell Syphir about what's going one." Kevin says.

     Steve simply nods before both transform into their vehicle mode ready for departure.

Meanwhile in the Moon's orbit.

      The notorious Decepticon Warship, the Nemesis can be seen in the moon's orbit far out of the Autobots range of communication or groundbridge technology. After the incident with the first space bridge the Decepticons took more careful action in the placement of their new space bridge that's currently under construction. Whist the original was placed high above the earth, this new groundbridge is being built above the darkside of the moon. However none of that matters at the moment. What does matter is the cybertronian warship heading straight for the Nemesis. This ship belongs to the Mercenary Lockdown and it's ready for war.

 (Lockdown's warship)