5

Chapter 5: Father Vs Son

   Arcee was shaken to say the least, It’s bad enough Max looks like Megatron and fights as fiercely as him, but the thought of him joining the warlord and become just like him was a nightmare. To add on top of that Megatron just confirmed the Autobots theory about Max, he is in fact Megatron and Airachnid’s sparkling. She was hoping that wasn’t the case and Max’s appearance is just a coincidence but deep down she knew the truth. His cybertronian name is Shadowstreak, a name that Arcee has heard somewhere before but she doesn’t know where. But those are questions for another time, right now she needs to stop Shadowstreak from letting his anger send him down the wrong path.

   If she’s going to do this she needs to call for backup, she is in no condition to fight this many Decepticons on her own. The reason she’s even here is because the Autobots need someone to check up on Max and try to retrieve the Dark Energon without being seen. Arcee is the smallest and steathist bot of the group and she sustained less severe injuries from their battle with Max, so she was the obvious choice. Ratchet has repaired her and the other Autobot but he and Optimus aren’t letting anyone go on any major or high risk missions. However given the position her and Max are in they have no choice.

Autobot Base

   Ratchet is working on fixing some bugs in the Base’s systems but gets cut off by Arcee’s transmission.

   “Arcee to Base, do you read me?” Arcee ask via comlink.

   “We read you loud and clear Arcee, what do you need?” Ratchet ask.

   “Back up now. Max is here alone having a conversation with Megatron and his generals.” Arcee demands.

   After she finished that sentence the Medic, the Prime, the Wrecker, and the Scout all felt their energon run cold.

   “Optimus you don’t think he’ll join the Decepticons do you?” Bulkhead ask.

   “Unlikely. It was the Decepticons that killed his human caretakers.” Optimus answers.

   “That being said, Megatron is a very manipulative mech, we cannot allow him to corrupt Max’s processors with Decepticon lies.”  Ratchet adds.

   “I agree.” Optimus agrees with the medic.

   “One more thing Optimus. I’d hoped we were wrong about this but we were right. Megatron and Soundwave just confirmed that Max is indeed Megatron and Airachnid’s sparkling. His cybertronian name is Shadowstreak, his earth name is Max.” Arcee reports.

   “Ratchet lock on to Arcee’s coordinates and open the ground bridge.” Optimus orders.

   Ratchet nodes and does as instructed, he locks onto the coordinates and pulls down on a lever next to him activating the ground bridge.

   “Autobots Roll Out!” Optimus orders before he, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead transform and race through the ground bridge.

With Max/Shadowstreak.

    Max stood there frozen after what he’d heard, his processors trying to process the situation. Max wanted to deny the Decepticon leader’s calm but the similarities between the two are too great to deny. After a moment of thinking Max speaks up.

   “I don’t care. I’ve had one long and stressful day, so take your troops get on your ship and leave before I lose what little sense of reason I have left. I don’t care about your war so return all the energon you’ve taken from this Mine and leave. Now.” Max threatens his biological father much to everyone's surprise.