4

Chapter 4: Megatron

“M-Max?” Jack questions.

   “Yo.” Max answers with a tired tone of voice.

   Jack’s fear level shot up at the sound of the cybertronians voice.

   “Wheres my mom? Why are you here? Did you hurt her?” Jack asked trying to sound as brave as possible.

   Max lets out an annoyed groan before answering.

   “Your mom just left for work, she told me to tell you she got called in and dinner is in the refrigerator. I’m here because my parents are dead so I can’t exactly just go home I could just live in the scrapyard but I prefer not to sleep in garbage. Luckily for me your mom was kind enough to let me stay here. This’ll help her because apparently her car has been acting weird and she thinks it’ll break down soon so when it does I’ll be her new car.” Max explains.

   “Does she know about-” Jack starts before being interrupted by max.

   “My parents death? Kinda. I told her they were killed during a mining accident.” Max says sadly.

   “How long has she known about you?” Jack asked feeling a little bit less terrified.

   “Since I was five. She’s basically my aunt.” Max answers.

   “Did you tell her about me and the Autobots and Decepticons?” Jack asked glaring at the lamborghini.

   “No. I’m still debating whether I should or not.” Max answers.

   That did not reassure Jack in the slightest but the raven haired teen had a strange feeling Max wouldn’t tell, but he didn’t know why. Not wanting to argue with the transformer any longer, Jack let out a sigh of annoyance before walking to his room and going to bed. After everything that's happened today he needed the sleep.

   Soon after Jack went to bed June came back from work managing to get her car driveway before it broke down and stopped working. Letting out an annoyed sigh, June gets out of the car and enters the garage to ask Max for a ride to work tomorrow.

   “Hey Max? Are you awake?” June ask quietly not wanting to catch Jacks attention.

   “Yeah i’m awake. Need somthing June?” Max answers with a question of his own.

   “My car just broke down. Can you give me a ride to work tomorrow?” June ask.

“Sure.” Max answers.

   “Thanks Max.” June says grateful for the alien teen’s help.

   “No problem June, but before you go inside can you open the garage door? I’m gonna go for a drive. I need to clear my thoughts.” Max says sadly.

   June give Max a sympathetic look, she knows all too well what it's like to lose someone. She lost her husband during 9/11, he was one of many casualties that day. After that day, she took her son and moved to Jasper in hopes of staying away from conflict, this is also the reason she's so protective over him.

   “Sure thing Max.” June says before doing as Max wanted.

   Max drives out of the Garage and around Jasper for at least thirty minutes before deciding to go to the scrapyard and get some energon. However when Max got there he found vehicons swarming the place, they were mostly heading in and out of his energon mine taking the energon him and his parents spent years mining. His spark was pulsating with rage but he stayed hidden behind some scraphills, there are far to many for the youngling to handle on his own. The vehicons are seen taking the mined energon to the Decepticon warship known as the Nemesis.