16

Chapter 16: Dinobots.

      Kevin considered the option of blasting in the air and hoping Max would see it and know something was up but quickly realizes there's a few things wrong with that plan. For starters Max is climbing around the side of a clif digging up energon with a very loud drill. The other problem is if he shoots and somehow misses he could potentially cause a cave in, he has his damaged targeting systems to thank for that. How are they going to get out of this cave? Unfortunately he doesn't get the chance to think of a proper way out before Steve yells for him.

       "Kevin! Get over here! Now!" Steve shouts from the darkness of the cave.

      Kevin lets out a tired vent before Transforming and driving towards Steve. At first he was annoyed, he needed to find a way out of this cave, but then he noticed the bright blue light in the direction of Steve's voice. Initially he thought it was energon until he realized the light was a bit too bright. Normal energon is dark blue in color, this energon is a very bright blue. Once Kevin reaches Steve and June's location he transforms into robot mode and rushes over to Steve.

      "Steve?! What's going on?!" Kevin asked.

      Steve simply points. Kevin looks in the direction Steve is pointing and freezes. Encased in this new bright blue energon is a massive mechanical beast.

    "Is that a robot T-Rex? Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing this?" June asks, staring at the Cybertronian dino with wide eyes.

     "No, we see it too." Steve answers before Transforming his arms into blasters and pointing them at the beast. Kevin notices this action and quickly starts to panic.

      "Steve! Are you crazy! Put those away! If you shoot all this energon you could kill us all!" Kevin shouts, convincing Steve to put away the blasters, though he does so reluctantly.

      However upon doing so the optics of the dino powers on signaling it's both alive and awake. All that yelling has awoken the slumbering beast. June notices this and goes into panic mode.

     "Guys that thing is alive and it's looking at us!" She shouts, stopping the argument between the two vehicons.

     Steve and Kevin freeze in terror as they lock optics with the beast. It's dark blue optics glared down on them. The fear only grew more when they heard a cracking sound. It's coming from the energon the beast is encased in. The beast is squirming from within the energon and is starting to break free.

      Kevin is the first to snap out of his fear and quickly goes into vehicle mode. "June! Get in now!"

      Both June and Steve snap out of their fear. Steve changes to vehicle mode and June practically dives into Kevin's front passenger set. They quickly drive off into the dark tunnels of the cave in the direction of the point in which they fell into this place. Their best move right now is to put as much distance between themselves and the beast.

      "Kevin! What do we do?! That thing is going to get loose and we're trapped here!" Steve panics.

      "How am I supposed to know! Look, let's just get back to the area where we fell and pray to Primus that either I can think of something or Max can find us!" Kevin shouts.

      June was internally praying to god that Max finds them, she doesn't want to die because of some crazy plan concocted by the two vehicons. Luckily their prayers would be answered. When the light from their entry point came into view they could hear Max's voice calling out to them.

      "June! Steve! Kevin! Where are you!" Max shouts. Whilst in the middle of mining the island began shaking violently. As it turns out this Island has a volcano on it that just became active. Max had begun to worry for the safety of the others so he stopped mining and went looking for them. Steve, Kevin, and June were too frozen in fear upon finding the beast that they didn't notice.