1

Chapter 1: Friend or Foe?

    Sixteen years have passed since Shadowstreak crash landed on earth and the sparkling has grown into a youngling or in human terms a teenager, he’s about the same height as Bumblebee. He now lives at the junkyard by humans who he has grown to know as his mother and father. His father is an inventor/engineer/scientist named Mike, he is tall and muscular, with dark brown hair, blue eyes, and he typically wears a brown pants and white t-shirts with a white lab coat. His mother is a mechanic/inventor/scientist named Elizabeth, she is a beautiful woman with blonde hair, green eyes, and she wears blue skinny jeans and a red shirt with a white lab coat.

    When Elizabeth and Mike took in Shadowstreak they did not know his name so they named him Max. They also studied the pod he landed in and luckily for them the pod came equipped with information about cybertronian biology and it was programed with not only cybertronian language but also english. They didn’t understand the cybertronian so naturally they went for the english. They learned about energon and it just so happened that their scrapyard is sitting on top of a large energon deposit that spreads for miles and after mining some of this energon using old mining equipment, they were able to study it and create a tracker. When Max got older he helped them develop cybertronian sized mining equipment and helped them mine. They also learned about alt modes and for his 15th birthday they got him a Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 for him to scan and use as an alt mode. The only reason they were able to get this car is because Elizabeth’s older brother is rich and owed her a favor.

    “Max it's time to go home!” Elizabeth calls out to her alien son who is currently throwing useless scrap into the incinerator.

    “Coming mom!” Max shouts as he throws the last of the useless scrap into the incinerator.

    With the last of his scrap yard duties done max transforms into his alt mode and races to his parents. He opens his doors for his parents to get in which they quickly do hoping to get home and go to sleep. Max takes off and since they’re pretty far out from Jasper he can go as fast as he wants. After a fast ride home and a speeding ticket, Max and his family make it home with their next door neighbor June Darby waiting for them. Max parks himself in the garage and lets his parents out so they can invite June in and close the garage.

    “Hey June what are you doing home so early?” Max ask.

    June Darby is the only other human that knows of Max’s existence. When she first found out about Max she was surprised to say the least. She accidentally stumbled upon Max in the scrap yard playing with some old cars like toys. But ever since that day June became a really good friend of Max and his family. June has a son named Jack who unnoninly to June and Max is working with the Autobots and the US government.

    “Waiting for Jack to get home. His curfew is ten o’clock and it eleven now why is he late?” June ask worryingly.

    “June relax, he’s a responsible kid.” Mike says trying to calm the worried mother down.

    “Yeah he’s probably just riding around on his motorcycle.” Max says trying to reassure her. About a week ago Jack came home with a blue motorcycle and for some Max felt as if he had seen it from somewhere. In the end Max simply shrugged it off as he seen the motorcycle while driving around. But little did he know the seemingly normal motorcycle is the autobot Arcee in her alt mode.

    “I know. I just hope he doesn’t get in an accident on that thing.” June says solemnly.

   “What brings you here?” Elizabeth asked trying to change the subject.

   “I was going to ask you if you’ve seen Jack, but obviously you haven’t. I’m going to go home and try to call Jack again, thanks anyways.” June says before leaving.