23

Chapter 23: Invasion pt.6

    On the Moon Soundwave is in the Nemesis' control room running diagnostics on the downed warship and overseeing repairs. The doors to the room slides open and Megatron walks in.

    "Soundwave report. What are the damages and how long until we are airborne?" Megatron asks.

    In response Soundwave does something he doesn't do often, he speaks in his own voice. "Most of the warship's functions have been repaired using resources salvaged from the down enemy ship that crashed with us. However, flight functions are beyond repair. Suggestion: fortification, create a moon base using the Nemesis and the downed enemy ship until we find a way to restore flight functions to the Nemesis." He says his voice, emotionless and auto tuned. He rarely uses his actual voice, only using it when speaking to Megatron in private.

    They crashed on the Dark side of the room and the Autobots don't have the ability to safely open a groundbridge outside of earth's atmosphere and they still have location shielding so the Autobots can't pinpoint their location. However on the flip side if their location is found they can't escape with their warship and even though trying to use a groundbridge outside Earth's atmosphere is dangerous, the Autobots have pulled it off before. Given the circumstances however, the Decepticons have no choice but to stay and fortify their location and should they need to get to earth they still have Spacebridge technology active.

    "Very well. Begin fortifying our position, but do whatever it takes to pinpoint Lockdown's location. I will have his spark for his transgressions." Megatron orders. He was about to leave when one of the ship's monitors began to beep and flash red. Soundwave walked over to check on it and found it was the ship alerting them on three Decepticon signals headed their way.

     "Lord Megatron. The Decepticon signals have entered the moon's atmosphere." Soundwave reports.

      "Who?" Megatron asked.

     Shockwave looked back at the monitors and checked the information on the approaching Decepticons before turning back to Megatron and answering. "Three seekers. Slipstream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp."

    Megatron turned and left to greet the new arrivals. Upon making it outside the Nemesis he watched carefully as the three seekers entered the moon's almost non-existent atmosphere and landed a few feet away from him. He thought Lockdown was on his side but clearly recent events have shown that his allies could have switched up on him over the years. He's no stranger to betrayal but his need for more Decepticons, that aren't vehicons, have dulled his caution. He needs to be more careful when welcoming Decepticons back to the cause. If only the DJD were still around, that would scare non-loyal Decepticons back in their place.

    Thundercracker looks exactly like Starscream though he sports a blue and silver color scheme. Skywarp also looked similar to both Starscream and Thunderchracker but he's a much bulkier mech who has a purple and black color scheme. The similar appearances of Starscream, Skywarp, and Thunderchracker is no surprise to Megatron; they are siblings after all. The final arrival is Slipstream, unlike the previous two she has no relation to Starscream, but she is just as treacherous. Her type of treachery is much more dangerous, like Starscream she is highly intelligent however unlike him she knows not to get ahead of herself and knows how to play the long game often using her looks to seduce her way into favorable positions or opportunities.

   (AN: in terms of appearance Slipstream looks like she does in War for Cybertron.)

       "Lord Megatron, we've returned to serve." Slipstream says. Megatron didn't believe a word she said. She's probably already plotting to seize power.

     "Slipstream, Thundercracker, Skywarp. It's good to see you survived this long. We are always welcoming loyal Decepticons back to the cause." Megatron says.

     "We live to serve my lord." Skywarp says. Megatron was quite pleased to see Skywarp. He's a powerful warrior, he's not the brightest Decepticon but he is loyal unlike Starscream and Slipstream.

    "We await your command my lord." Thundercracker says. Thundercracker's loyalty has always been in question to Megatron, he's constantly asking himself if he's fighting for a just cause and if he joined the right side. Unlike Starscream and Slipstream, Thundercracker doesn't desire to overthrow Megatron, instead there has been speculation that he would be more likely to outright switch sides. Megatron keeps him around because he is a decent warrior and an excellent scientist, both traits Megatron finds valuable. He'll just need to have Soundwave monitor him more than his other commanders, should he turn traitor then Megatron wants to know the moment it happens.

    "Thundercracker, get to the laboratory and familiarize yourself with everything there. You skills will be more valuable there than on a battlefield. Slipstream, Skywarp met with Starscream and prepared for immediate deployment." Megatron orders.

    "Deployment to where my lord?" Slipstream asked.

    "Earth. We have a mercenary to capture." Megatron answers.