13

(An: sorry this took so long I was busy making up work for College. This chapter is going to be a bit short but I promise the next will be longer. Also If you like SCP stuff I have a new SCP story so go check it out! Lord Megatron demands It!......ok I'll stop now.)

Chapter 13: Explanations

     "Christ it's been a long night." Max sighed as he pulled into the Jasper hospital's parking lot. After about thirty minutes of waiting June exits the hospital. She hops into Max's drive seat. 'She looks exhausted.' Max thinks to himself.

    "Aunt June? You alright?" Max asked with a concern filled voice.

    "I'm fine Max." The nurse says, then frowns as she notices how dirty and scratched up Max is. "What about you? You look like you've seen better days."

    "It's been a long day in the mines." Max convincingly lies.

     "Well don't push yourself." June says.

     Max chuckled a bit at this. "Like your one to talk. Seriously you should take it easy with the overtime."

      The rest of the ride from the hospital to home was silent. When Max pulled into the garage the first thing he noticed was Arcee. June got out of Max's alt mode and stretched a little with a tired yawn.

     "I'm going to go get some sleep. Before I go to work tomorrow I'm taking you to a car wash to get cleaned." June says before heading inside to get some rest.

      Now it was only Arcee and Max. About ten tense minutes go by before one of them speaks.

       "Max?" Arcee addresses.

       'God Damn It! I thought she was asleep! Oh man just when I was about to get some sleep!' Max internally screamed.

       "In the flesh...or metal, I guess." Max says nervously. He knows she's going to interrogate him over what's been happening lately. He is not looking forward to this conversation. Although he knew it was inevitable and would happen eventually.

    "Optimus wants to speak with you." Arcee says as a groundbridge opens up in front of them. "Let's go."

     "Can it wait until tomorrow? I'm tired." Max complains.

     "You can go into recharge after we're done. This can't wait." Arcee says.

     Max wanted to say no but if he did then they'd just come and try again later. 'Postponing the inevitable will just lead to more problems then it's worth. Might as well get it over with.'

      "Alright fine. Let's just make this quick, I want to get at least a little sleep." Max says.

      "It'll be as quick as you make it." Arcee says before driving through the groundbridge. Max follows shortly after.

      The groundbridge closes behind them and the two current vehicles transform back into robot mode. Optimus steps forward to greet the youngling.

       "Hello Max, thank you for agreeing to talk with us." The prime says politely but then frowns when he notices Max's condition. His optics were slightly dimer suggesting he's in need of recharge and his body is covered in dents and scratches. "Are you alright?"

      Max shrugs it off. "Yeah, I'm fine. What did you need to talk to me about?"

      "For starters, how did you get access to a Groundbridge? We've seen you use them, but we don't know how? How did you get access to that technology?" Ratchet questions.