7

Chapter 7: Bug problems

   It had been at least thirty minutes since Ratchet began working on an anti bug program and the old medic was making some progress but not much. If he had to take a guess it would be finished within the next three weeks, but that isn’t fast enough. The now dubbed personality bug was infecting Shadowstreak’s processors more rapidly than expected. Until he can get this anti-bug software complete the Autobots will have to keep the youngling out of conflicts. However there's a bit of an obstacle that must be overcome first, Max doesn’t trust the Autobots. Ratchet came up with an idea though to help with this. The medic injected Max with a sedative that nullifies a cybertroinain’s emotions, this way when Max wakes up he won’t lose himself. That being said it doesn’t destroy emotions it just nullifies them, hopefully they can reason with the youngling whilst he’s at least mildly calm.

   The base was quiet for the most part save for the sound of the kids playing their video games. Bumblebee went out to patrol the area, but Ratchet knew all too well that he’s probably racing around somewhere. Bulkhead is currently going to take count of our energon supplies. Optimus was leaned up against a wall keeping an eye on the unconscious Max and Arcee.

   Last but not least there’s Arcee herself probably one of the most tragic of the Autobots. The poor soul has lost two partners, Tailgate and Cliffjumper, but none of those scars her spark more than one person in particular. Arcee joined near the end of the war because she had someone very close to her that she wanted to protect from the Decepticons after her home town was attacked. One day the Decepticons took this child, brainwashed and tortured her into believing the Autobots were the ones who caused the war. At the time the Decepticon needed more reliable troops so they would capture neutrals and force them to join the Decepticon ranks. This resulted in families being ripped apart and pitted against each other.

“Ugh, my head.” Max groans aloud.

   Ratchet and Optimus both tense up at the sound of the younglings voice, now was the moment both Autobots had been dreading for the last thirty minutes, how are they going to tell him about the bug without him freaking.

   “Where am I?” The youngling asks as he lifts himself off his birth.

   “Max. You're safe now, you’ve been brought to the Autobot base. What is the last thing you remember?” Optimus asked cautiously.

   At the sound of Optimus’s voice Max snaps back into reality, his mind screaming danger over and over again. Max jumps off the birth and quickly turns his servos into swords reading himself for a fight.

   “How did I get here?! What do you want from me?!” Max shouts in panic.

   “Dude! Relax! We’re the good guys!” Miko shouts only to receive a side glance from Max.

   “Why did you bring me here?! I already told you I didn’t want any part of your war!” Max exclaims.

   “If you’d be quiet we could explain everything!” Ratchet shouts having had enough of the shouting.

   Max pauses for a moment trying to figure out if he should be angry at the medic for trying to boss him around or do as he says so he could get some answers.

   “Fine, I’ll listen, now start talking.” Max says but still keeps his swords ready just in case.

   Ratchet looks at his monitors for a brief moment before sighing in relief. ‘Good his vitals and processors are functioning normally which means the sedatives are working. We can reason with him now.’ the medic thinks to himself. Ratchet would spend the next five minutes explaining the situation to Max and by the time he was done Max had put away his swords but was still cautious.