10

Chapter 10: New friends and foes

      As Max got back to base he plopped down on the nearest chair and let out a tired sigh. 'Great, yet another relative who's evil. I hope that doesn't run in the family. On top of that Arcee will likely start questioning me about how I got access to a ground bridge, which will then lead to them finding out about Syphir. If they do find out they could think I was holding her hostage, that could be a problem.' Max internally complains.

      "You look like you've had an interesting day? What happened out there?" Syphir asks, cutting Max out of his thoughts. Max ignores the question and asks a question of his own.

      "Hey Syphir? Have you ever thought about rejoining the Autobots?" Max asked with a voice full of curiosity.

      "I wouldn't be against it. But that's kind of impossible at the moment seeing as how my spark is attached to this ship, which is stuck in a cliff. Although working and chatting with you is fun and certainly a step up from being shot at." Syphir answers before asking a question of her own. "Why do you ask?"

     "I just didn't want you to think I'm forcing you to work with me." Max answers

     "Max I'm working with you because I want to." Syphir says truthfully. "Max your a good friend, I wouldn't have agreed to partner up with you otherwise"

     "Thanks Syphir." Max says before something that he had almost forgotten to ask pops up.

    "Hey Sypir, what do you thing about humans?" The youngling asked curiously.

    "Eh, they can't be that bad." Syphir answers.

     Max smiled a bit at the answer. This means he could introduce Syphir and June to each other without Syphir using the ship's turrets to vaporize her. 

      "Max I just picked up a massive energon serg in the middle of the rocky mountains." Syphir reports.

      "Is that a bad thing?" Max questions.

      "Yes. Now this could be the Autobot part of me but, the Decepticons could be up to something." Syphir says, sounding a bit paranoid.

      'If it's that big a deal then more than likely the Autobots should be dealing with it.' Max thinks to himself. 'But on the other hand, i'm kinda board right now and I don't have to pick up June from work for another three hours. I guess I can put her mind at ease, and collect some energon in the process. What's the worst that could happen.'

      "I suppose it couldn't hurt to check out. Beats sitting around. Alright then, open the groundbridge." Max says.

      The groundbridge opened and Max quickly drove through, but what he found on the other side was nothing but a recently destroyed mountain. This mountain in particular had a large sum of energon that was being mined by the Decepticons.

     "What happened here?" Max questions.

     "You idiots!" The booming voice of Megatron shouts from in front of the mountain ruins. Max quickly ducks behind a large chunk of debris, and listens in on whatever was happening. 

    "You two single handedly set off a chain reaction that caused this energon mine to explode! How?!" Megatron asked, giving the two vehicons in front of him a murderous glare.

       "Well you see lord Megatron-" the first vehicon was about to answer before the second one cut him off. 

      "He did it!" The second vehicon shouts pointing at his fellow vehicon.