Surprise Dinner

We pulled up in front of a diner that apparently Seán liked to go to anytime he was in LA. Mark parked the van so that we could get out and waited for Amy to arrive with Ethan. Even though it wasn't his birthday yet, this was more-so a "welcome back" kind of get out.

"Don't think you avoided me just because I was talking to Mark majority of the car ride." Seán began. "I have a lot to tease you about."

"I didn't forget! Just hoped you would!" I laughed. Seán bumped me roughly with his elbows.

"Ouch! You made me hit my ribs!" I said with a groan. I tend to forget I am still injured.

"It still is bothering you? He asked.

"Just sore. I'm healing." I replied.

"And your head? Have you had any issues? I know you had a concussion and that messed up your memory."

"Oh.. yeah." I remembered. "If I happen to get struck like that again, or even hit hard in the head at all, I'm more prone to having my memory be jacked up for a longer time."

"Wow. Let's hope no one tries to do that." He said ruffing through my hair.

"Hey!" I exclaimed brushing through my hair to fix it. "Don't mess up my hair!"

"Why? Is there a certain someone you want to impress?" He asked slyly.

"I hate you."

"Alright, so!" Mark finally interjected himself into our conversation. "Amy and Ethan are stuck in traffic, they asked us to get us a table and they gave us the drinks they wanted until they arrive."

"Oh, that's fine!" Seán said. Mark lead us into the diner and we waited in the lobby for us to be seated.

"Yanno, you look a lot different since I last saw you." Seán began.

"Well yeah, I'm covered in scars and it's been a few months." I said.

"No, what I meant was, your face has matured and you look older."

"I am 20."

"Still a child to me." He said pulling me close and rubbing my head.

"Ah! Let go of me! Seán- I- No!!"

Soon enough, the waiter seated us at a round table on the right side of the diner. I sat next to Seán and Mark was on my other side. Ethan this gonna have a fun time when he arrives.

We made sure to order Amy and Ethan their drinks along with ours. A few minutes later, the waiter brought them out.

"Are you ready to order or is the rest of the party not here yet?" She asked.

"Could you wait a little longer?" Mark asked her.

"Sure! It's no issue at all!" She smiled brightly and left to go help another table.

"Want me to text Ethan and ask where they are?" I asked Mark.

"Yeah, if you could."

I slipped my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. I tapped over to Ethan and I's chat.

Ethan💙
—————————————————

Me:
Hey! How far away are you?

Ethan💙:
We are actually really close! About 5 minutes if everything goes smoothly.

Me:
Alright! We are waiting for you! Be safe!