To See You Again

- 1 Day Until Christmas Eve -

I sat on my floor wrapping gifts. Different variations of wrapping paper laid sprawled out everywhere. Little bits of tap and ripped paper scattered the floor. It was a bit of mess, but not one I couldn't clean up.

I had limited myself to two gifts per person so that everyone had an equal amount no matter who they were to me. It was only fair this way.

I got down to the last two gifts. I paused mid-reach. I forgot that I bought these out of impulse.

I measured out a light blue, snowflake covered, roll of wrapping paper to cover the gifts perfectly. Making sure everything was crisp and perfect, my hands crafted the way to a picture perfect gift. The second gift for this person was going to be harder for me to wrap. And not meaning the wrapping part of it.

I held a picture frame in my hand knowing what I needed to put in it. I stood up and took to my nightstand. I opened the top drawer and rustled through my things. Reading glasses? No. Tampons? Definitely not.

I found the photo I needed. Smiling softly admiring it. The photo pictured Ethan and I together at Wade's wedding. He and I stood hand-in-hand with bright happy faces. That was when I really felt that he was committed to me.

- Flashback -

I stood on the sidelines and watched as Mandy and Bob danced, along with Mark and Amy, Wade with Molly, and Seán with his date. It was great to see them all happy. A light tap laid on my shoulder before I turned to see who it belonged to.

"Hey." Ethan said coming close to me. He ran his fingers through his hair with a cheeky smile.

"Hi." I greeted him softly, just a little bit flustered.

The song switched and became slow and romantic. The guests on the dance floor all began to slow dance. The song was so pretty. It made me feel like I needed to dance too!

"Do you.. wanna dance?" He asked me. Before I could answer, Ethan grabbed my hand.

"Come on, Doe Eyes." He chuckled, dragging me over to the center. I only laughed and let him take me with him. He placed his hands along my waist as I rested my arms around his neck. He held me closer to him than usual.

Time seemed to move so fast with him. Before I knew it, a minute had passed with us just soaking in the moment before Ethan opened his mouth to speak.

"Y/N?" He asked.

"Hmm?"

"I know it's been a while since we really talked about how we felt towards each other." He began. My heart felt like it weighed a million pounds by the way it sunk with those words.

"What about it?" I asked him. With a deep breath coming from him, he proceeded to finish his statement.

"I really want to start letting these feelings take over more and see how it goes. I've been doing it a bit lately. It's kinda the reason why I asked you to be my date. I want to give the feelings I have for you a shot. I'm not trying to rush like I said before, but I want to see if this works out."

Y-You've got to be joking. He wants to.. I never thought... I'm so close to finally being his! I can't mess this up!

"I understand. I'm okay with it. I said I'd be here no matter what you decided to do." I smiled.

"That puts my mind at ease." He replied looking deep into my eyes.

His face got closer with closed eyes. Soon enough, his lips were pressed against mine. The feeling I had almost forgotten until now. If this is what he means by letting himself go, I don't mind it one bit.