Christmas Party Pt:1

- Y/N's P.O.V -

"Tyler! you look so stupid with that on!" I laughed. Tyler had a white beard strapped onto his face. He stroked the hair of his fake beard like an older man.

"You look like Dumbledore!" Seán chimed in.

"He does!"

There was about an hour and a half until dinner starts. The rest of our guests should be showing up anytime soon. Tyler came not too long after I came home. I was able to help Amy catch up with cooking, we both know Mark cannot make extravagant meals, we also happened to be ahead of schedule, which is a great thing!

I sighed happily. It was great to see everyone having fun so early into the party. I went back to the kitchen to grab more plates to set the table. That's what I was doing before Tyler distracted me.

I organized the colors and the placements of the utensils and plates with the help of Amy. I looked behind me to see Seán sitting alone on the couch. I set down everything in my hands and headed over to him. His hands held his head up as his hair covering any visible part of his face. I rested my hand on his shoulder, squatting down to meet his face.

"Hey, you good?" I asked him. Seán looked up with a soft, small smile.

"Yeah, I'm okay." He said with a deep sigh. "I just wish they could be here." I nodded, understanding what he felt.

"I'm sure she'll come around. I bet they're doing all they can to feel better." I tried reassuring him. Even if I was wrong.

"Yeah, I hope they do."

"Come on, help me with setting the dinner table! It might distract you a bit!"

"Alright." He chuckled following after me.

A half an hour passed and more guests began to arrive. Bob, Wade, and their wives Mandy and Molly greeted us at the door with a warm smile. They had brought freshly baked cookies of all different varieties as a treat for the party. It was very sweet of them.

"Y/N! You look so much better since the last time we were here!" Mandy began. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm so much better!" I replied with a smile. "I've been healing quickly ever since the surgery."

"I can't imagine how painful that must have been." Molly chimed in. "A whole new rib? I can't believe doctors in Ohio let you out in that condition."

"Yeah.. They definitely underestimated my injuries." I chuckled.

"I mean, they shouldn't have! You were in a coma for a month! That's unacceptable!"

"But, hey!" I began. "I'm healthy and mobile! I think that's all that matters as of now!"

"You've got a point! It's just great to see you back to your normal self!" Mandy hugged me tightly followed by Molly. Even with all that I have endured this past year, I managed to push through.

"I appreciate the kind words of affirmation." I replied with a smile. "Truly, I am grateful to be here with everyone. To think if I hadn't made it, I wouldn't be spending any more holidays with the group."

"And that would be just terrible!" Molly added. "Wade loves to claim you and Mark are the light of the group. If Mark lost you, he wouldn't be such a happy person either!"

I smiled cheekily. "No, he wouldn't." I said. Mandy and Molly agreed with me. I lead them to the living room so they could mingle with those who had already arrived. All we were waiting for is Mika and Ethan. If they decided to show up, that is.

"Y/N!" Mark called me from the living room. I hurried in to see what he needed. He has a smile that bud secrets from me but it didn't give off anything suspiciously off for him. He looked eerily happy.