Surpises

- Mark's P.O.V -

I watched as Amy finished up the last touches on the cake. I dried off my hands after washing them off in the sink. She turned to me and smiled beautifully. I love it when she smiles that way.

"It looks amazing babe, you did a great job." I said leaning in to kiss her. She gladly gave in to me.

"Thank you." She replied flustered. Before I could add on, my phone began to vibrate in the pocket of my apron. I sighed with a smile and answered the call.

"Hello?" I asked. It was under Y/N's name but it wasn't her who was on the other line.

"Hey! It's Mika, Y/N let me use her phone to call you to let you know that we go everything and that I am about to leave to go get the birthday boy."

"Where's Y/N?"

"She's putting the drinks away. I made sure to grab you and her some sparkling drinks so you two won't feel so left out!" She replied.

"Oh, Mika, thank you. I really appreciate that." I smiled.

"Of course! You two still need to have fun though! Y/N will be home shortly with everything we gathered! See you soon!"

"Bye!" I hung up.

"Was that Mika?" Amy asked.

"Yeah, Y/N will be home soon." I smiled.

"Awesome. Can you help me move this cake over to the table?" Without hesitation, I carefully picked up the cake and together, we transported it over to the main party table.

- Y/N's P.O.V -

"It's about time you got here!" Tyler exclaimed opening the back door to my car. Seán mearly laughed hopping into the passenger seat.

"Cut me some slack, Ty! It's a Friday in LA! I don't drive a flying vehicle here!" I laughed.

"If only this was a private jet!" He added.

"Then ask Mark for that private jet escort! He makes more money than I do!"

"How did things go with Mika?" Seán asked.

"Pretty smoothly! Ethan ended up calling her asking if she wanted to hang with him today. We had to decline."

"He called you too?" Tyler said to me.

"Don't tell me we all turned him down and now he's alone on his birthday!" I cried. "I thought we had a plan."

"He called too soon! We were in the middle of contacting everyone!"

"Let's hope he didn't take it too personally." said Seán. I shook my head and drove off.

- Later -

Amy and I finished up the bow ties on the front of the house. They had a velvet texture to the dark blue color of the bow. Amy stepped back to check and see if everything was to her liking.

"Well?"

"One second!" She ran to another bow and tilted it a bit, stepped back again, and nodded her head. "There."

"Looks perfect, Amy! We did a great job!" I said holding my fist out.

She smiled and gave me a fist bump. Her smile brightened up more than the sun did. I really missed having time where it is just her and I together.

"Mika should be here with Ethan any minute! Let's hurry on inside." She and I hopped up the steps and through the front door.

Inside was our open kitchen and living room decorated with blue and silver decorations. Many familiar faces crowded the room with drinks in their hands. Bustling noise echoed off the walls.