Some Things Never Change

-That Friday-

It was early in the morning. Must have been 7am. I usually get up at 9:00 or 10:00 am. Mark shook me slightly to wake me up. It was hard to open my eyes. I looked at his face and then out the window that was behind him. It was still dark outside. I groaned and sat up rubbing my eyelids.

"Why did you get me up, Mark?" I asked with a raspy voice. My vision was blurry looking back at his face.

"I know you don't like being up early but today is a special day." He began.

"Hmm?" I whined.

"You get to see your father." Mark said.

"Seán?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes! Now, keep it down! Amy is still asleep!" He shushed me.

"Sorry..." I chuckled.

"Get dressed. I promise we will stop for coffee." He instructed. I nodded.

"You had me at coffee." I smiled before standing up. Mark left my room for me to get ready.

Chica slipped into my room as Mark was departing. I kneeled down to her level and gave her head scratches. She was loving it and giving kisses back.

"Hey girl. Good morning." I said. "Wanna help me pick out my outfit?" Chica just sat there.

"Okay then." I laughed turning to my dresser.

I grabbed a green t-shirt with Seán's eyeball logo in the corner, a pair of denim ripped jeans, and black fishnet tights. And of course, a new bra, underwear, and socks.

"How about these?" I showed Chica. She still did nothing.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'." I said before undressing myself to change. Once I was done, I grabbed a pair of boots and socks and slipped them both on. Then I grabbed my phone and wallet before leaving my room with Chica following close behind me.

In the living room sat Mark on the family couch. He looked over at me with a pleasant smile. Chica hurried over towards him and pressed her paws against his knees.

"Oh, so that's where she went! She went with you." He said.

"Yep! She helped me pick out my outfit for today." I replied.

"Well she picked well! Isn't that right Chica?" He said tossing her ears back and forth. She loved it. Her face was bright and smiley.

"Thank you Chica." I said petting her head one last time.

"Well, you think you're ready to head off?"  Mark asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied.

"Great!" Mark hurried and picked up his things and walked me our the door.

- At The Airport -

I followed closely behind Mark giddily with my icy cold coffee in my hands. With every bouncing step I took, the ice inside the cup clashed together in a sloshing motion. Mark kept a good pace up through the packed airport so that I wouldn't get lost in the moments where I stopped to admire a puppy or the sunrise. We both were lucky that we found a coffee shop that was open as early as we were there.

We couldn't go past security, due to the fact that we weren't actually trying to fly, so we waited in a nice, big, open area filled with hundreds of waiting adults and children. Mark bumped my shoulder to grab my attention from a woman passing us with a cute baby.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"He is on his way!" Mark smiled and wrapped his arm about me. I was almost bouncing up and down from joy. My adrenaline was through the roof!

"Yep! I asked Amy to bring Ethan to the restaurant when we give her the 'ok' to. It's pretty much a surprise for you but more of one for Ethan. Be prepared for Seán to bombard you and him with questions. He knows Amy and I don't do too much. You two are the more exciting couple of the group."

I laughed. "Most exciting? More like the most troublesome. We always find ourselves in the most strenuous situations."

"Well you two are young and in love. It was expected. Plus, you two are little fiery balls of spontaneous expressions. A perfect match in my opinion!" He smirked. "And I'll disown him as my brother-in-law if he breaks your heart!"

"Brother-in-law? Aww Mark! You love him like a brother?!"

"Hey! Don't make me regret that. Don't tell him I said that either!" Mark barked.

"Alright big baby! I won't say a word!" I teased him.

"'Big Baby'? I'll show you who a 'Big Baby' is!!" Mark reached over at me and tried to grab me before someone called out to us.

"Hey!"

Mark and I froze mid-fight staring at the person who shouted at us. He had his hand clasped around my shoulder while I was straining myself trying to hold back someone who was two times my size.

"SEÁN!!" I exclaimed running over to him and attacked him with my body. He caught me practically falling over but just barely keeping his balance from the impact. He squeezed me tightly and rocked me back and forth. I nuzzled my head into his warm chest whilst getting a huge whiff of his strong musky cologne.

Mark calmly walked over as if he and I didn't almost throw down in the middle of an airport. That's another place to check off on our list.

"Mark!" Seán said letting go of me and opening his arms to Mark. They both embraced each other patting the other's back like all boys do when they hug.

I hadn't even noticed Seán's differences compared to the last time I saw him. He grew out his beard a little more and kept it up well, his hair was no longer green or a different variation of that, he got a bit taller and his muscles were toned very well.

"I missed you two so much." He said running his fingers through his hair. I couldn't help but smile as hard as I could. I miss going to conventions. The next one coming up would be Pax East in the spring.

"We missed you too. Thank you so much for coming out here for Ethan's birthday." Mark thanked him.

"I didn't come out here just for his birthday." He laughed to himself. "I missed every one of you. It's been a while since VidCon in the summer."

I had almost forgotten we had appeared at VidCon this summer. The fall has been crazy enough with all the injuries and drama. Still, having Seán with us again makes things feel like normal. It's so much better seeing him in person than the phone calls.

"Well, stilt, thank you for going out of you way to see us all." Mark said.

"It really beats sitting at home and calling you guys. It's no problem at all!"

"Plus, Bob and Wade and their girlfriends will be coming too. You'll get to see them as well! Not to mention, Felix and Marzia will be popping by!"

"You never told me this!" I turned to Mark clearly offended. Seán chuckled to himself.

"Glad to see you two haven't changed a bit! By the way, how are you feeling Y/N?" Seán looked down at my stomach. I chose to wear my brace over my shirt so that it would scratch my bare skin.

"I'm doing better." I looked back up at him after glancing at myself. "Still sore from all of the surgery processes and what happened before the surgery itself. Parts of my abdomen were swollen and bruised.

Seán cringed to himself. He clearly cared enough to feel sorry and understand the painful month and a half it's been for me.

"I am also sorry for you loss. You've had such a painful few months." He said gently pulling me into another comforting hug.

"I love you, my child. You don't have to worry about me or anyone else leaving you." said Seán. I muffled a gentle "thank you" while Mark smiled softly at the moment Seán and I were having. And just like I expected him too, Mark ruined it.

"Let me help you with your things." Mark offered.

"Oh- alright!" Seán picked up the second bag while Mark had the first. I walked alongside the two of them while making conversations when I could. But mostly it was Mark and Seán catching up. I didn't mind it though. I was happy to have my best friend and father back in my life.