Remember Me

- The Next Day -

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I spent most of my day sitting on the couch in my back brace. It was supposed to keep me from smashing my ribs that were still healing. It wasn't all that comfortable.

I didn't quite recognize the place I was staying at. Nor did any recollection of Amy come back either. I feel awful that I can't even get a slight glimpse of how I used to know her.

Mark came over with two mugs in his hand. He smiled at me cheerfully. He handed me a hot cup of tea with honey which I thanked him for. He sat down on the chair across from the couch I was on.

"I asked a friend of yours, a close one in fact, to come over and try to talk to you. I feel maybe you might have better luck trying to re-jog your memory with them than Amy or others." He told me.

"Okay." I nodded and took a sip. "I'm trying my best and I feel guilty that I can't remember that easily."

"I know. It's none of your fault. I feel it'll all come back eventually."

"Yeah, I hope it will." I smiled.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm alright. Could be better but I'm not dying so that's a plus."

"We are all very happy that you survived and woke up from the coma." Mark smiled.

"Thanks.."

A set of rushed knocks came from the front door. Mark flinched before looking back at me.

"That should be him." He said standing up and hurrying to the door. He opened it with a warm welcome to the visitor.

Once Mark was out of the way, the stranger stepped inside. He had pale skin, rich hazel eyes that looked to be watery, a pair of glasses, brown hair pushed up and to the side; he also wore a button up, abstract shirt with jeans and red converse. In his hand was a small blue gift bag with white tissue paper stuffed inside it. He smiled at me and slowly walked over.

"Hi." He said to me in what looked to be complete awe.

"Hello." I said with a small smile. He set down on the couch next to me. I adjusted myself slowly to be able to face him.

"So you're the friend Mark was telling me about?" I asked.

"Yeah.. I'm him. My name is Ethan." He replied.

"Ethan? I think I saw you name in my phone contacts. Hold on." I said pulling out my phone and scrolling to our chat. "Is this you?" I showed him.

He held the phone gently, smiling as he scrolled through the texts. He looked up at me with a bit of light in his eyes.

"Did you read through these?" He asked.

"A little. You and I seemed very close." I told him.

"We were."

"I apologize if I take so long. I wish I could recall more about everyone. There's still some stuff that's foggy when it comes to Mark." I lamented.

"It's not your fault. We will be here until you recover." He rested his hand on my leg. My heart pounded a bit. What is this feeling?

"Thank you." I said a bit flustered.

"Right. Well here..." Ethan handed me the bag he brought in. "I got you a few things for both a 'get well soon' and things that might help you remember."

I thanked him and held the bag in my lap. I took out the tissue paper and the first item; a card.

I opened up the envelope and then the card itself. I was greeted to black ink writing that belonged to Ethan.