Home For Good

It had been an hour or so until Mark and Amy showed up with their van. Mark calls it "The Barrel". I think it's a unique name for a car. Amy was so excited to see me walking, even if I was holding onto Ethan for most of my support.

"You ready to go get some celebratory food and rest?" Mark asked me as he pulled me into a gentle hug.

"Yes! Anything but more hospital food." I joked.

"Well, we're going to Olive Garden is that's alright with you?"

"Oh, I'm so down!" I exclaimed.

"Great. Plus, the dogs will be so excited to see you once we get home." Amy added.

"Aww the puppers!" I whined. "I've missed Chica's love so so much!"

"How's Spencer been?" Ethan asked Amy.

"He's been a good boy. Him and Chica have gotten closer over this time together." She replied.

"Good. I'm glad he's behaving."

"Do you mind if I give Ethan a break from taking care of you on our ride there? You and I can sit in the back and go through comments like we used to." Mark asked me.

"I don't mind watching her." Ethan interjected.

"It's okay babe." I began. "You've spent all day carrying me around, take some time just for this car ride to rest. Mark will be there for me."

"I don't doubt that at all. It's whatever you want." He replied.

"Thank you." I smiled and kissed his cheek quickly. Ethan still got all flustered like he usually does. Mark let me hold onto him as he helped me into the back of the van.

"You trust Amy to drive The Barrel?" I asked Mark. We finally pulled away from the hospital that I was glad I didn't have to call home for any longer.

The building faded away in the distance the further we got away. And the further we got away, the more free I felt. Even in just a few moments, life seemed back to normal. I am back with the three most important people in my life.

"Yes, I do." Mark answered me. "She's probably a more careful driver than I am. Let alone you or Ethan." He laughed.

"I heard that, Mark!" Ethan yelled back at us.

"Yeah, I know you did!" Mark turned back at me. "How are you feeling?"

"So much better being out of that place." I replied.

"I know, you hate hospitals." He added.

"Mhm. I am glad everything went well during the surgery."

"They didn't tell you?" Mark stared at me becoming pale.

"Huh?"

"Y/N, you flatlined for a while. They had to shock you back into life again." Ethan turned back to tell me.

"They never said anything about it." I confessed.

"How unprofessional." Amy said to herself as she continued to drive.

"Maybe they didn't want to scare you as you had woken up." Mark said trying to reassure everyone and myself.

"God, how many times am I going to almost die?" I sighed and leaned back a bit.

"Let's hope this is the last time." Ethan said.

"This is like some main character shit right here." I joked. "And for once, I don't want it."

"What is this? Wattpad?" Ethan added. Laughter echoed in the van as we kept adding onto the joke.

"It's like going through a mid-life-crisis but every other chapter!" I said finishing off the trail of comments.