9 (Edited)

Andre

Instead of calming him, talking and skyping with his mate was making him even more impatient. He wanted to hold her in his arms, needed to lose himself in the warmth of her body as he sated the deep need that was riding every instant of his existence. Hearing her sweet voice every day was slowly driving him mad. Seeing her over the screen was an exquisite form of torture.

He wouldn't trade it though so he chose to train more to release his pent-up energy. He wanted to at least be somewhat sane when at last he met her, when her scent would overwhelm him and all he'd want was to tear her clothes off. She was too innocent not to be scared by that.

For now, he did everything he could to appear normal when he talked to her. Like he wasn't watching her lips and imagining them wrapped around his cock. Watching the stretch of her top across her breast and picturing them bared for his pleasure.

Gritting his teeth, he tried to concentrate on his routine, going through the forms of his kata. It was a powerful form that was meant to expend energy and hopefully leave him mellow for when he'd speak with Cari later on.

"Andreas." He jumped as the king's voice intruded on him. He grit his teeth, realizing that once again he'd lost awareness of his environment.

"Sire." He acknowledged as he turned to face the king.

Come." The king said. "I will spar with you."

Andre raised a brow at that. He'd never sparred with his grandfather before. He knew the king was a better warrior than him, with more experience. He was going to enjoy this. Just the challenge he needed.

Grinning at the king, a menacing grin, he got into a fighting stance. As irrational and idiotic as it was, he blamed his grandfather. He could've been in the highlands by now, with his mate. Instead, he was performing meaningless duties that didn't really require him and could wait.

His grandfather favoured the high guard stance with forward weighting. Andre raised a brow at that. He'd thought the king with his muscular bulk would've favoured the low stance and not the more agile one. Then he remembered his fighting master telling him never to make assumptions about an opponent.

When the king attacked, he revised his opinion that his larger build made him slower. Andre had a muscular but athletic figure and was a bit taller than his grandfather. His body was as agile as it was strong, the king was stronger.

He quickly found himself on the defensive, realizing just as quickly that he was vastly outmatched. All he could manage to do was defend himself with the king not giving him an opportunity to attack.

He danced away from the powerful, precise strikes. Dodging and just managing to stay on his feet. He felt himself being driven into a corner but was powerless to stop it. Every other avenue was blocked.

As he managed to block the king's strikes he felt the power in them vibrate through his body. Soon enough, some of the king's strikes were connecting. Andre had never been hit as hard and would never have dreamt a punch could be that painful.

He soldiered on, delaying the inevitable just for his pride's sake. His wolf came to the fore, also unwilling to give in. Though he was more powerful than his grandfather, he was outclassed.

At last, his grandfather delivered a quick succession of punches and kicks that left him on the floor and unable to get up. Only then did he realize his grandfather had been taking it easy on him. He also realized they had a silent audience to their fight.

Once again, Andre had failed to be aware of his surrounding. Inward he cursed as he groaned and closed his eyes, lying on his back. Breathing hurt, he was sure a couple of his ribs were broken and his right shoulder was at an odd angle.