11 (Edited)

Andre

The cottage was fairly big and isolated. It lay in the midst of the packlands surrounded by acres of wild unsettled land. Andre had glimpsed a breathtaking view that he'd only ignored in favour of rushing to his mate. He hoped he'd soon be taking it in with her securely by his side.

When he opened the front door more of her tantalizing scent wafted towards him and his heart raced in anticipation. Even though he'd been irritated at the time, he was glad Cari's brother had insisted he take a quick shower before coming to her. Her scent was clean and fresh and he didn't want to be anything but.

Following that scent, he made his way to the bedroom. With great effort, he willed his heart to stop gallivanting inside his chest. The last thing he wanted was to appear weak to his mate in the instant they met. After all she'd been through he wanted her to have the assurance of a strong mate who'd hold her up when needed.

So even as his wolf clawed its impatience to claim her Andre fought to regain some control. He knew his mate was a total innocent, who might be traumatized by an over-eager wolf.

As he entered, she shot off the chair she'd been sitting in, more tension stiffened her taunt body. He could smell it, taste it in the air. Sensing her readiness for him despite her trepidation, his heart melted. His wolf though, seemed confused, lingering at that dangerous precipice at her apprehension. The beast being more primal understood fear and all he could reason was that she was afraid of them.

'She's wary of the mating.' He informed the wolf before it could spiral into despair.

Even more confused, Andre could see it with its head tilted in a decidedly human gesture of puzzlement.

'The first time a virgin female is with a male is uncomfortable. If we're not gentle we could hurt her.'

'I could never hurt our mate.' The wolf was indignant.

'If we're too eager for her we will.' He informed his wolf.

There was a pause as the wolf pondered that. All the while Andre was staring into the beautiful brown depths of his mate's eyes. She looked just as mesmerized by him, those brown pools were more spellbound than apprehensive.

He could see her pulse speeding at her throat, at that point where he'd put his mark. Her lips were parted and softened. He'd only caught a glimpse of what she was wearing and his pulse threatened to slip past his tight control so he focused on her face. At the high colour that pinked her cheeks so becomingly.

"Cari," he whispered as his hand went to cup her soft cheek. "You're even more beautiful."

Her blush deepened as she veiled her eyes. "Thank you." She said in a voice even his enhanced senses found hard to hear.

Her shy gaze flickered back to his and he drew closer unable to fight the need to kiss her. Her eyes widened, her lips trembling even as a sweet breathy moan escaped that parted lusciousness. His arms went around her tiny waist, drawing her with deliberation until her delectable body cushioned his. So soft and yielding.

She licked her lips and Andre felt himself harden even more as he watched that sensual pink tip trace the softness he longed to taste. It was a sultry motion, more so because of its innocent nature. His gaze traced its seemingly infinite journey as his arms involuntarily tightened around her.

There was nothing in the world except her. Her creamy brown soft-skinned beautiful face that was framed by a river of dark brown hair. He needed to kiss her more than he needed to breathe. And when he finally touched her pillow-soft lips with his the world finally made sense. Existential meaning was found in the tantalizing taste of her guileless response.