16

Dani

Her head hurt, nausea churning her stomach as she sat up in bed. She groaned, her hand going to her head as she felt dizzy at the movement. What had she eaten last night? She knew she hadn't been drinking. Her mouth tasted like something had died inside it.

"Sorry about that." A dark cool voice intruded and Dani screamed. Which was a bad idea as her head rang in response. Tears flooded her eyes and she blinked them back, hating that she appeared weak to someone who'd invaded her pack, her room.

"Who are you?" She demanded. "What do you want?"

The room was still dark and he seemed to be seating in the shadows. Even her were sight couldn't seem to penetrate the shroud that covered him. Which left Dani feeling very vulnerable, something she hated more than anything. And sitting in bed didn't help either. With her eyes glued to the corner where she thought he was, she slid out of the bed.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" He asked.

Dani took a step closer. "What are you doing in my room?"

"Not very observant are you little wolf?" He mocked. "This isn't your room," there was a pregnant silence. "It's mine."

No two words had ever sounded so sinister. Dani's heart sank in fear. She took a quick look at the room and realized nothing in it was familiar. Though most of it was in the shadows, the bed she'd been in was a queen where hers was a double. It had a an intricate headboard made from some light wood that seemed to catch the light. Besides it was a glass side table framed in the same wood.

The two pieces looked pricey, like something she could expect from a very wealthy Alpha's home. At the thought her skin dued with fear, a scream building inside her. She tried to reach out to her wolf but even the shred of it that she had left was gone.

Dani swallowed, panic making her already poor sight worse. "You kidnapped me." Instead of outraged, her tone came out weak.

"Yes."

For some reason that one unapologetic word grated on her nerves. She stood up straighter, her fist curling as she glared at his corner. "How dare you?"

"Careful little wolf, in this place your abilities are dampened. No mind speaking, no enhanced strength, no connecting to the elements." He taunted.

Gritting her teeth she took another step towards him then stopped as his eyes appeared  through the darkness. She gasped. His eyes were golden, metallic. The eyes of a dragon. With slow deliberation he moved closer, his figure piercing into the light dramatically.

Dani fought to keep her ground as his buff form drew closer. His shoulders cast a dark shadow over her and she shivered at that etheric touch. She stared up into his eyes with a dark thrill of awe.

The dragon stalking towards her was exquisite. While paranormals were beautiful creatures this male was a cut above them. He had a face only an artist could chisel out. A jaw that seemed capable of cutting class and high cheekbones framed deep-set eyes. His lips looked firm and eminently kissable.

Wait, what?

She closed her mouth with a snap. Those lips curled into a knowing smirk and Dani fumed. All she wanted was to slap the arrogant smile off his face but she refrained. She'd tried to mind link her dad and had had no luck, even with her Alpha. Alone in a strange place, the last thing she could afford was to antagonize her captor.