twenty-two

"Some things last forever, they say

"Some things last forever, they say."
- NCT U, "90's Love"

"Hold the book," I hand it roughly to the Seonbi who has no thought in wanting to fight those bandits, my foot easily rising off the first step of the doorstep- and in fact, I think I'm super high in the air. I feel like I'm in a historical action movie. Anyway, my right foot touches the tip of the ground, causing me to turn around, slashing the sword against one's chest. His body doesn't fly far from the tip of my sword, his body tumbling as he hisses from the pain.

The rest seem to cower in fear- while I try not to scream at the fact dust got in my eyes. Pointing my sword at one, Eunwoo closes his eyes as the bandit tightens his grip around him. I point the sword closer and all I could hear is Eunwoo's heavy breathing. You can tell that even as someone who can wield a sword as good as he is, they still fear the sharp blade that comes close to their face. Even better- he's a prince, which makes it ten times worse!   "Let him go."

"You give us the Wangseja first!"

"You will be getting no princes today, nor ever!" I shove the sword closer, hitting the bandit in the hip with the handle. With a groan, Eunwoo is let out of the masked man's grasp, grabbing Yeonjun's sword right out of his hands. Yeonjun huffs, tumbling backward into the crowd. Eunwoo sets himself next to me, and with a slight glance towards him, he heads for Seungcheol while I dash for Chanyeol. 

The masked bandit holds his sword right at me- he must be a good swordsman if he can fight with only one free hand. So, the metal swords clash together, and as he continues to walk backward, I try not to show my smirk. Suddenly, he falls against a stall, his arms flailing as I catch Chanyeol by his hand, bringing him up and away from the awfully uncautious-of-his-surroundings swordsman. The oldest's eyes widen as he barely makes it on his feet, my free hand letting him go as I point the sword tip into the masked man's chest. He hisses when it finally reaches his skin- and even at the point, I feel him shaking. He obviously doesn't want to die.

"You all have resorted to publicly going for Yeonjun because you couldn't do it even when you went inside the palace? How shameful," I scoff, shaking my head. I see out of the corner of my eye that one charge at me. I didn't want to move too quickly- or else he'd be able to move back and it would just get harder for me to kill him.

"Look out!" Chanyeol pulls me out of the way- and with his arm, I hoist myself off of Chanyeol, kicking the weapon out of the swordsman's hand. Picking up his bow and arrow, I swiftly place my sword into its sleeve, pulling back the free arrow and aiming at him. With a smirk, I can't help but chuckle at his frozen look. "You're not the only one who's good with an arrow, little boy." And letting go of the arrow, it pierces him into the shoulder- and I know he's the one who shot me before just by the glint of anger in his eyes. When fighting, aren't you not allowed to let emotion get to you? I guess that's not a thing here in Joseon. I harshly pull the arrow from his shoulder and the boy screams- but I couldn't care less. He deserved it. Holding it in my hand, I shiver a bit.