We're versing slytherin. (pt.1)

angst
year: 6
warnings: swearing 
——————————————————————————

Quidditch. You missed it.

The feeling of mounting your broom, the wind flowing through your hair, the cheers from the stands, everything. Everyone thought it was weird when you quit quidditch this year, everyone knew how much you loved it. Ginny was especially worried, how could her best friend simply quit like that?

"Y/n. Come on, we're missing a player this game, we can't forfeit it!" She shoved the maroon uniform in-front of you. "Gin i told you, i'm not interested anymore."  you rolled your eyes, going back to your charms homework. "It's Draco isn't?" Your eyebrows twitched when she said his name. "I wouldn't quit something i love over a boy." You simply said.

That wasn't the truth. Draco and you dated since 3rd year, when you were paired as partners in herbology. At the start of this year, Draco wouldn't even talk to you. He ignored you and started hanging out with Astoria.

He was the one who got you into quidditch. His stupid face lit up when you first mounted your broom, and when you told him you were trying out. Even if he's a slytherin, he was so proud when you got into the gryffindor team last year, he helped you train for tryouts the year before. It had become your new obsession, you loved talking about it. Quidditch this and quidditch that. You guys would even play just for fun.

You couldn't play again. It reminded you too much of him.

Ginny rolled her eyes, "Well if you change your mind, the uniform is on your trunk." She folded it and got ready for bed. You stared at the uniform, the gold trim glimmering from the moon light. 'Fuck it.' you thought. "GINNY! I'LL DO IT." You yelled from your bed. Ginny laughed out loud. You knew Ginny could lift your spirits quick.

"Y/n. Get up." Ginny's voice sounded stern and her words were short. "What?" You rolled over to face her. "We're versing slytherin." Her eyes making contact with yours.

'Shit shit shit.'

You pulled the covers over your head and groaned. She sat down at the foot of your bed, "I understand if you don't wanna play y/n. I wouldn't want to see Draco's fucking face either." Her face grew bitter at the thought. You pulled the covers down, "No. I'll do it." You kind of wanted to show what you could do without Draco. Ginny's face lit up. "Okay good because i don't know if Lavender can play."

You barley ate any breakfast. The thought of seeing Draco made your stomach twirl. You downed a cup of pumpkin juice and ate half a piece of toast. "I'm glad your playing y/n," You looked up to see Ron Weasley, "Your bloody brilliant." He smiled. "Thanks Ron." You tried to make a convincing smile. You then watched Ron walk over to Hermione and Harry. "You'll do fine mate." Dean Thomas said from the other side of the table. You simply smiled, you were great full for all their support.

You grabbed an extra broom out the closet. "You can't be rusty, you played last year." Ginny rubbed your shoulder. You knew you could play fine, just not in front Draco. "Your right, Gin," The grip around the broom grew tighter, "let's fucking go."

You and the gryffindor team walked out on the field.
Madam hooch said the rules, clarifying that we should have a clean game. *cough cough slytherin*

Then bam, the game had started and you were mounting the broom. The air flowed through your braids, sending a calm feeling throughout your body. You looked across the quidditch pitch and there he was. His dumb blonde hair and stupid grey eyes. Suddenly a wave of rage filled you. How can he just ignore you after all you've been though together?

"Watch out!" Ron called from behind you. You quickly dived down to move out the way of two slytherins. You quickly went back up to catch a bludger and score 10 points. Ginny smiled and gave you a high five, "Nice to have you back." She called out. You started to fly back to your side of the pitch. Then there he was, headed your way. He wasn't trying to go your way, but he was pretty sure he saw the snitch. You took the chance and shoved him a little when he passed. Not enough to knock him off, but just a little.

"The fuck y/n?" He looked back at you. You simply shot him a cold look over your shoulder, making him shut up.

"I can't believe you caught the snitch like that." Ginny praised Harry, slapping his back. Gryffindor has won the match, and it felt bloody amazing. You changed in the changing rooms, laughing about how stupid the slythrin team looked. "You should've seen Draco's face when y/n shoved him." Ron laughed as you shrugged, "It looked like he saw a bloody dementor." Harry added on.

There was a house party in the gryffindor common room, obviously for winning. You and your friends were having a great time, you almost forgot about Draco all together. "Y/n. Uh- someone's here for you." Seamus tapped your shoulder. You stepped outside the portrait hole to be face to face with Draco.

"Why'd you shove me like that?" Draco asked. 'Seriously. you've been ignoring me for weeks but okay.' You crossed your arms, "You were in my way. Sorry i guess." Draco's brows furrowed. "Honestly, i don't know why your so pissy." He looked away and clenched his jaw. "I'm being 'pissy'? Says the one ignoring me." You looked at your shoes. "Can we not talk about that?" He looked at your shoes aswell. You looked up, "Then why are you here? To tell me your finally dating that blonde? That i shoved you too hard? What?" You threw your hands up in the air. "What blonde? Astoria?" He finally made eye contact. "Yes Astoria you git!" You raised your voice, tears starting to form.

"Me and Astoria aren't dating, but i'm here to officially say sorry." He placed a hand on your shoulder. You quickly shoved it off. "You came here to say sorry?" You we're now filled with rage. He nodded smirking. "Oh he's sorry, he's sorry he's sorry!" You started to yell down the corridors, throwing your hands up again. "Y/n calm down. It doesn't matter." He tried to comfort you. "Don't talk to me." You stepped back, sending a cold look. "I can't believe I stopped playing quidditch because of you." You backed into the common room, leaving Draco alone in the corridor.