Insomnia (pt.1)

fluff
year: 5,6 or 7
warnings: none
a/n: i struggle a lot with insomnia, so i thought i'd make a story about it. PSA: i love writing soft Draco so drop any suggestions!
——————————————————————————

You pulled your books out of your bag and plopped them on the table. You sighed and rested your head on your arm, you haven't been sleeping well lately. You then saw a blonde boy slide into the seat beside you, and when you say slide, you mean slide. "Hey!" Draco flashed his big grin. "What are you so happy about today?" You asked, he was usually this energetic anyway, but it was just more noticeable.

"Because i get to see you, obviously." He grabbed his books as well.

"You're an idiot, Draco." You laughed, rolling your eyes.

"Come on, not gonna say it back y/n?"

You simply laughed at his remark, causing your head to slip off your arm. This made Draco burst out in laughter as you buried your face in your hands. "Say you're excited to see me too!" He chuckled.

"Nope, can't lie." You shrugged as Draco rolled his eyes and smirked. You obviously fancied each other, but you guys weren't dating, you guys were best friends. "Do your homework y/n." He joked while pushing your head playfully back to the books. "I literally can't focus." You rubbed your temples, "I can barely stay awake."

"Ahh, I see." Draco's eyebrows twitched as he nodded, "Have you not been sleeping?" he rubbed his hand on his chin, as if he had a beard. He remembered that you've struggled with insomnia for the past year. "I guess you could say that." You played with the tips of your hair, "It's okay though, i'll get through it."

Draco watched as you played with your hair, "How about, we have a sleepover?" He said, "Just so I can make sure your sleeping." Draco worried about your sleeping habits, he'd never seen you fully rested this year.

You smiled at the idea, Draco really did care about you, a lot. "Sure." You turned to look at him, which he was already looking at you, "Get your stuff, meet you in my dorm." He packed up the books he didn't even touch, and left for his dorm.

You grabbed your books and walked to the girls dormitory. Nobody was there, considering it was the weekend and people were probably out socializing or something. You grabbed some shorts, a tank top and socks, you also couldn't forget your stuffed bear.

You walked to Draco's dorm, and knocked on his door. Draco had his own dorm, why? Because he told his father. He swung the door open, looking down at you. "Come in." Draco smiled.

You examined his room, it was mostly dark, lit up by candles. He had a queen sized, four post bed, with green silk sheets. The ceiling was high, with a chandelier hanging in the middle. He also had a fireplace, on the other side of his bed.

You glanced to a board full of notes and papers, pictures and drawings. You noticed a picture of you two, back in the fourth year, at the quidditch world cup. Beside it was a poem.

You deserve.

You deserve flowers on your doorstep
and coffee in the morning.

You deserve notes left in your books
and ice cream sundaes at 3 a.m.

You deserve honestly everyday
and to be kissed every hour.

You deserve to be reminded
how beautiful you are.

And if you let me,
I'll show you everyday.

I promise.

You stared at the poem for a while, then scanning the rest of the board. There were more poems, but you'd only have time to read one. "Cool room." You tried to play off your staring.

"Just cool?" He shut the door behind him.

"Yeah. Maybe even decent." You giggled.

"Oh, is that right?" He picked you up and through you onto his bed. You laughed out loud as he tackled you down. "Stop! Stop it!"

He got off of you and plopped on the bed as-well. "You okay with sleeping in the same bed?" He asked, "Its cool if your not." Draco flipped on his side to face you. "No it's okay, I don't mind."

He smiled and nodded. "What's this?" Draco grabbed the bear from behind your head, "Looks familiar." He examined the platinum blonde bear. "Of course it does, you gave it to me." You flipped on your side to face him as well. Draco's brows furrowed, "I don't remember this."

You sighed, "I broke my arm falling off your broom, that you forced me to go on." You chuckled remembering the incident. "Oh shit, right!" He laughed, "I got this as a apology." Draco played with the arms of the bear. You watched him as he got lost in thought, still playing with the bear. "I'm gonna change." You said, getting off the bed.

You walked into his bathroom, yes he has his own bathroom, and changed. "Can i have a toothbrush?!" You yelled from the bathroom. Draco walked into the bathroom, he was wearing green plaid pants with a white shirt. "Here." He handed you a extra toothbrush. You guys both brushed your teeth in a comfortable silence.

You braided your hair as Draco walked outside and played 'Come on Eileen' on his record player. He walked back into the bathroom humming the song. "Remember when we would dance to this song in first year?" You laughed while also humming. "Of course i remember, this song makes me think of you." He chuckled while you blushed like crazy.

Your hair was up and braided, and you guys decided just to relax. You both laughed and joked the whole night, just talking. The conversation had slowly faded, and now it was a comfortable silence again. "Ready to sleep y/n?" Draco turned away from you, pulling the sheets over his shoulder. You nodded and blew out the candle on your side.

"Try to get some rest, okay?" Draco told you while still facing the other side. "Yeah, i will."

——————————————————————————
//FEW HOURS LATER//
————————————————————————

It was now around 3:00 am, you were still awake, staring at the ceiling. You were shuffling around, trying to find a way to sleep. "Y/n?" Draco mumbled, half awake half asleep, "Are you still awake?" His voice was tired and low, he turned to face to you. His eyes were squinted and his hair was messed up. You smiled at him, "Yeah, but it's okay. Go back to sleep, baby." You rubbed his cheek with your thumb, you've been so sleep deprived you didn't realize you called him 'baby'.

Draco's eyebrows raised a little. He smirked at being called 'baby', "No, come here, love." He extended his arms to invite you in. You smiled at the name he called you and scooted towards him. You rested your head on his chest while feeling it rise and fall. He wrapped his arms around your torso and you tangled your legs between his.

For the first time in weeks, you felt safe and your eyes felt heavy. "Is this okay?" Draco asked, rubbing your back. You mumbled a "mhmm" and snuggled closer to him. Draco grinned to himself, he'd finally had you in his arms, after all this time. He'd thought to admit his feelings for you, right there and then.

"Y/n?" Draco asked, looking straight ahead, he got no reply back. He looked down to see your peaceful face, rested between him, fast asleep. Draco's grin turned to a toothy smile, "That's my girl." He whispered to himself. Draco felt a warm feeling wash over his body, knowing that he was what comforted you, even with your insomnia. He hugged you closer and drifted off to sleep as-well. You both slept, tangled together and thinking about each other.

Maybe he'd tell you another time, the way he really felt. Maybe.
—————————————————————————
can you tell i really like making draco a poet? i think it's such a draco thing ya know?