Sober

fluff
year: 6
warnings: alc addiction | underage drinking
a/n: confessing your feelings when their sleeping so you think they didn't hear >>>
———————————————————————————

You sat in your dorm room, papers spread out on your bed. You were busy catching up on homework. Then you heard a loud knock at the door. Groaning, you got up and opened the door. It was a very drunk Draco.

You and Draco had been friends for years, in the same house, the same grades on the same quidditch team, even if Slytherins usually didn't allow girls. You were always super close, even since he started dating Pansy. His body was loose, his hair a mess. It was obvious he was drunk out of his mind.

"Draco? What the hell?!" Your brows creased, eyes wide. Draco had started this... problem... with alcohol at the beginning of the year. It happened every Friday, and occasionally during the weekdays.

"I'm sorry, Y/n." His words slurred together a little. He slumped onto the door frame, his hand reaching up to his hair. You wanted him to get sober before the end of 7th year, and he was doing so good. "Hey, hey." Your voice was soft, you could see him holding back tears. Thankfully, he wasn't an aggressive drinker, he just gets really emotional.

You got up under his arm and dragged him into your room. Draco fell on the bed, crushing your papers. "Oh, shit." He got up and gathered the papers so he wouldn't lay on them. "It's fine, lay down." You ordered.

His tie was loose, hanging around his neck and his shit was wrinkled. "Jesus christ, D." You sat on the side of your bed, helping him take off the tie. You threw the green tie on the ground, "What happened?"

Draco told you about this letter his dad sent, apparently about something that's about to happen next year. He wouldn't tell you what though. You didn't push him to tell you either, he was always very secretive. "Y/n," Draco's voice cracked with sadness, "I'm really scared." His eyes let tears escape but he quickly wiped them away.

You hugged him tightly and felt him hug you back, quietly crying against your shoulder. His shoulders shook a little as he sobbed, you let out a few tears. Seeing Draco so upset was so rare.

"Shh." You gently pet his head, flattening the blonde hair. "Where's Pans?" Usually Draco would go to her, so it really was surprising to see him at your door earlier. He pulled back and sniffled, "She's out-" Draco wiped his face, "With Blaise." Your face dropped, Pansy had always fancied Blaise, and you knew that. You told Draco over and over again, but he wouldn't listen.

"Oh." Was all you managed to get out.

He smiled sadly then brought his hand to his forehead. "Fuck." You realized his head must be pounding. "Go to sleep." You moved the pillow from behind you and got up. Draco shook his head and opened his mouth to speak, before you cut him off, "You can barely walk, you're sleeping here."

"You're so sweet, ya know that?" Draco looked you in your eyes, studying them, "You're so beautiful." He brought his hand to your face. You frowned, "That's real sweet." you grabbed his hand and took it off your face, "but I wish you were sober."

*:・゚*:・゚

You woke up in your bed, tangled with Draco. You sat up suddenly. You swear you fell asleep on the window seat. "Y/n." Draco mumbled and wrapped his arms around your waist to pull you down. His head rested on your chest while your arm draped over his head.

Draco was out cold and you sat there awkwardly. How could you relax when the boy you've liked for years is resting on you, while his girlfriend is out with her crush? You looked down at him. Draco's eyes were closed peacefully, his lips parted slightly while he took even breaths. He looked so pretty. "Damnit." You whispered to yourself and brushed away the hair from Draco's face.

You sighed heavily. You couldn't stop thinking about Draco's little comment. Why did it have to be him? He's in a relationship! And even then, if you started dating, what if you broke up? Your relationship would never be the same again.

"I like you... more than anyone should like their friend." You whispered.

Draco shifted underneath you, you froze in your spot. Then you relaxed slightly when he softly snored again. Your eyes felt heavy. You rested your head on top of his and fell into a peaceful state.

Once you fell asleep completely, Draco smiled softly to himself. You know what they say, drunk words are sober thoughts.