Chapter 13 - Sophie POV

I felt bad about walking out like that on Alice, but I didn't want to see her reaction. I had just earned her trust, and now I probably just threw it all away. Great job Sophie.

As I was walking down the hall back to my room, Fitz came up to me from behind. I gotta admit, it scared me when he tapped on my shoulder, but I tried not to show it. Fitz must of noticed because he started laughing. My checks instantly turned red from embarrassment, but I smiled and playfully pushed Fitz.

"What are you doing back so soon? I thought you had to help your mom on a project." I asked, taking Fitz's hand in mine and walking towards my room.

"We got about three-fourths done, but Biana hailed my mom saying Dex got a head injury and needed help treating it. Of course, she ended the call and leaped straight home to help, but I was a little confused. Why didn't she just hail Elwin?"

I tried to act like this was new to me, but Fitz didn't really look at me when he was talking so it was pretty easy to hide. "Maybe it wasn't that bad. Probably didn't want to bother Elwin."

"I don't think Elwin is to busy, the dance is tomorrow so people are going to be careful so they don't miss it or come with a bulky cast on."

I laughed, and Fitz smiled at me. In no time we reached my room and I opened the door and closed it once Fitz came in. I went over and sat on my bed, head resting on the headboard. Fitz came over and joined me, but sat straight up instead of doing the weird half-up half-laying down position. He put is arm around my shoulders and we sat there for a minute in complete silence.

"Whats going on in your head?" Fitz asked, looking at the ceiling.

"I don't know." I said, snuggling into Fitz's side. "All the different outcomes tomorrow could have."

Fitz sighed, and looked into my eyes. He smiled slightly, and started playing with my hair. I closed my eyes, savoring the moment.

"I keep thinking about that to. The good outcomes, the bad outcomes, and the ones that are both bad and good. But then I tell myself to focus on the outcome that will most likely happen."

"And which outcome is that?" I asked, still keeping my eyes closed.

"Our goal. We've planned it, gone over the plan, prepared, now all thats left is to do it."

I thought about it, and smiled a little. Fitz was right. We've been preparing, and besides, this time I have a partner. And Flori is taking me straight to the gnomes tomorrow, no detours, so we should be safe. A fresh wave of calm took over my body, and it felt nice. I haven't been calm in a long time. There was always something new happening, something going on, always waiting for the next attack. But this time, we had a plan. I plan ready to take action. It was simple, and safe. 

"You look better." Fitz said, no longer playing with my hair.

That caught me off guard, so I opened my eyes and looked Fitz straight in the eye. "What do you mean?"

Fitz chuckled a little, before playing with my hair again. "You look cute when you try to look intimidating."

I blushed, and looked away, but Fitz gently grabbed my chin and made me look at him.

"Hey, I just meant you look calm. The little worry line between your eyebrows went away, thats all. You looked peaceful, it was a nice change."

I smiled, and put my hand in Fitz's. "It feels nice too."

Me and Fitz looked into each other's eyes for a minute, before Fitz closed the gab and kissed me. The kiss was gentle, and soothing. It sent sparks through my body though, and it was a nice combination. Fitz didn't kiss me because he felt the need to, or felt like he had to do it. He kissed me because he wanted to. He wanted to comfort me, make me feel love, and love me. And that made me enjoy the kiss even more.