Chapter 15 - Sophie POV

I just stared at the page. It was all I could do. My mind was chaotic, and I couldn't focus on anything. One second, I'm focusing on the next 2 books, then the letters, then what I'm going to do, then who I'm going tell, etc.

I freaking out so much that I decided to go to the kitchen and get some water. As I headed down though, I started getting dizzy and grabbed the wall for support. I guess someone must of heard me, because I heard a door open. I decided to just keep walking but when I got to the stairs, I couldn't see straight.

"What are you doing?" Fitz asked.

I spun around to face him, which was not a good decision because I got really dizzy. Fitz ran over to catch me, but he didn't catch me in time. I started leaning backwards, and fell down the stairs. The last thing I remember is Fitz calling out my name before I passed out.

-----

I woke up to a blinding light. Where was I? I started looked around, but I was hard to see because the light was blinding me. I moved my head to the side to see if I could make out anything in my surroundings, but instead someone else called my name, stopping me.

"Sophie!" Biana yelled.

"Hey, calm kiddo. It's gonna be okay." Grady said, stroking my hair.

I hadn't even realized that my breathing had become quicker. My eyes were wide open now, and I guess I looked scared. And I was scared. I was scared because I just realized where I am and everything that happened last night.

"M-mr" I tried to talk, but my voice only came out as a whisper.

"Hey, don't talk right now. I'll go get Elwin so he can check you, and tell you what happened." Edaline said, going out the door.

I looked around, and saw that everyone who currently lives at Everglen is here. Great. When I looked out the window, it was still dark out. But by the looks of it, the sun should be coming up soon.

"Sophie! Glad you could join us." Elwin said as he came in. Biana and Grady backed away from me and joined the others while Elwin took the seat Grady was sitting on. "So, I know your probably a little confused. I can't blame you, I would be confused to. I don't know exactly what happened, but what I do know is that apparently you fell down the stairs and passed out."

I looked around the room again, and saw that everyone was watching me.

"Your head hit the ground first, so you do have some minor brain damage. I should be able to fix it, but for now I'm just going to ask you to trust me on what I tell you, okay?"

I nodded, still not remembering what happened. 

"Thats my girl. I'm going to go fix up some medicine, you guys keep her company."

The first one who came over was Edaline, followed by Grady. They both squished me in a hug, and I tried to return it but my arms were so sore.

"I-I need"

"Sh" Edaline said, putting her hand on my face. "Just relax. I promise, we'll answer any question you might have but for now, you need to relax. It's going to be hard for you to talk for a while, so rest your voice."

I just stared at my mother for a second, before slowly nodding my head yes.

But I wasn't really okay with it. I waned to know what happened! Saying I hit my head after falling down the stairs doesn't sound right. I mean, I know I'm clumsy, but just randomly falling down the stairs and hitting my head so I don't remember what happened seems a little over dramatic.

"Um, I should, uh, get home." Biana said, looking a little embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it. We'll bring Sophie home later." Edaline said, giving Biana a hug.