Chapter 8 - Sophie POV

Today was the last day before I went to go the gnomes to get the final ingredient to wake up Keefe. When thinking about what the goal was, it didn't seem like a big deal. We're getting an ingredient from the gnomes. So dangerous. But when you think about what happened last time, well, now things look higher on another scale.

 I haven't talked with the gnomes yet about Fitz coming with, and I'm pretty nervous about it. Mr. Forkle said the only reason I was going alone last time was because the gnomes only trusted me. I didn't really understand this. I mean, sure I saved them, but what was so important about this ingredient?

 Enough of that. I want to take this day to read in Rohan's book before we leave. I don't know why, but I get this feeling I'm going to need it. I don't know what it is, maybe the book for a bargain? Use something he wrote to help us with something? Or maybe its what the entire book revolves around, the serum. Although I highly doubt we'll need the serum, theres always the chance we will.

 Sighing, I got out of bed and walked over to the small vanity in my room. I grabbed a hair brush and started brushing my hair, getting all the knots out. not knowing what to do with it, I grabbed a hair tie and braided my hair. Once I was done with my braid I went into my closet to find an outfit to wear for the day. It did take me a little longer sense I was still getting used to not having my crutches, but once I made it over I groaned at all the dresses. I decided to wear a red tunic with white sleeves, black boots with a small heel, and I put a black cape on my chair in case 

 I decided to wear a red tunic with white sleeves, black boots with a small heel, and I put a black cape on my chair in case 

 Once I was dressed and ready I went downstairs to eat breakfast

 Once I was dressed and ready I went downstairs to eat breakfast. Biana and Edaline were already down there, so I went over and say next to them.

"Wow. Sophie you really know how to clean up." Biana said, handing me a plate.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I've just rarely get to see you do your hair. It looks nice." 

I blushed slightly, said my thanks and started diving into the food in front of me.

~~~Time Skip~~~

 Once breakfast was over I headed back to my room to read some more of Rohan's book. I wanted to be fully prepared for tomorrow and not take any chances. I opened the book to start reading the last 15 pages.