Chapter 11 - Dex POV

Sophie flipped through many different pages in Rohan's book as she calls it, only stopping to look at 4. At the bottom of those four pages was a symbol, 4 different symbols making two letters total. On the last page I took the book from her and skimmed over some other pages. Sophie just sat quietly and watched me, not taking her eyes off my face once in case she missed some reaction I had to his writings.

"Why are you starring at me?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the book.

"Because I want to see if you have a different reaction then me?"

"Why?" I said, eyes still on the book.

"If you have a different reaction then me, maybe I missed something."

We sat in silence, me looking over the book and Sophie watching my face for any reaction. I didn't really have any emotions on my face though, because I wasn't reading the book, I was searching for things that stuck out, or caught my eye. Something important. But I was mostly looking at the symbols, trying to figure out any other code within them.

"Did you ever think about skipping ahead to see if there are anymore symbols?" I asked, starting to flip through the next few pages.

Before I could even flip through 2 pages Sophie snatched the book from my hands and set it on her lap after closing it.

"No." She said, staring at the book. "I want to do this right."

I stared at my empty hands in shock far a moment before turning my gaze to Sophie, the shock expression still on my face. Sophie didn't notice though, her eyes were trained on the book.

"What so you mean?" I asked.

"Rohan put the symbols in this order for a reason, the symbols aren't just on the pages because he just randomly put them there. He had a reason. A specific order, and I think the symbol goes along with the writing on the page. So I haven't decided to flip through the pages."

Silence followed. I just sat there, looking at my hands while Sophie continued to look at the book. These are times I wish I was a telepath, to not have to wonder what secrets or thoughts are being kept from me. There's always something I don't know, and once I hear about it I think of a gadget that could of helped, but never got to build because I was left in the shadows. Its annoying. But at least this time I'm the one who knows the secret, but I can't help but wonder if its all luck. Luck that brought me to the garden. Luck that allowed me to see Sophie hiding from Biana and the mysterious girl. Luck that made me the closest person to Sophie after. If I had stayed home, I probably would of been left in the dark again, not knowing what was really happening.

"Who do you think she was?" Sophie asked.

"Who?" I asked, already having a pretty good idea of who 'she' is.

"The girl. The one with Biana. Who do you think she was?"

"I don't know Sophie." I sigh.

"Maybe trying to figure out who she is based off of what we saw isn't a good approach."

"What do you mean? All we have to go off is her looks. Thats all we know about her."

"No, we have one more thing. We know she's friends with Biana, or they at least have some form of alliance."

"And that she's human." I add. "The color in her eyes were to real, fresh and pure to be from an elixir." I look out the window, and catch a glimpse of the garden. What are you doing out there Biana? What's happening? "So thats what, 3 things? Human, alliance with Biana, and some physical traits." I looked over at Sophie to see her smiling at me.

"And thats the biggest clue ever." She says, standing up before falling backwards onto the bed.

"Careful, your head isn't used to you standing up so fast and I'm sure your legs aren't ready to stand up so fast either. Probably why you fell in the bushes." I smirk at Sophie and give her my hand. She rolls her eyes, but keeps smiling and takes my hand and stands up, before heading over to her closet. "What are you doing?" I ask, following her.

Sophie bends over to her bottom drawer inside her closet and digs under pairs of pants before pulling out a spyball. I stare at her in shock as she puts it in her pocket and heads for the door. Before she opens the door through, she looks at me with a small smile.

"Flori brought it to me while I was in the healing center so I could continue to keep track of my human family and make sure the Neverseen weren't coming back for them. She said she had found it underneath some ash in the area where my room used to be, and decided to bring it over."

I just stared at Sophie, in awe and wonder. How she got the spyball, I have no idea. But Sophie never fails to amaze me. Now, I don't have a crush on her still if thats what is going through your mind. We're friends, and I hope people can see that just because a girl and a guy are friends doesn't mean they have to like each other.

"So know what" I ask.

"We are going to go wait in Biana's room until she heads up."

As we walk to Biana's room, we make a plan for what we are going to do. Even though I don't like the plan because it does involve somewhat of violence and can defiantly scare Biana, we have to do it to make sure she doesn't try to use her ability to get away. Sophie is going to sit on Biana's bed, holding a book that looks similar to Rohan's that Sophie's seen in Biana's room a couple times and tell her she needs to talk to Biana about something important, while pointing at the book. I, will be hiding near the door so as Biana walks over to Sophie I can grab her hands. Biana will probably try to go invisible, but she that doesn't mean she can phase. Her body will still physically be there. So my job is to just continue to hold onto Biana so Sophie can come over and get Biana to set on a chair and question her. As we lead her over, I quickly made a powder substance that we are going to put on Biana so if she tries to go invisible, we can still see the powder so we know where she is.

I know, its sounds violent, but Biana just broke the law by bringing a human to the Lost Cities, thats not something she's going to want to talk about. We only have a few questions figured out, and decided we would think of the rest as we go. We get into position inside Biana's room, before I hear footsteps coming down the halls. Biana's room opens and Biana steps in, looking shocked to see Sophie.

"We need to talk." Sophie says, pointing to the book.

"Is that Rohan's book?" Biana asks, taking a couple more steps closer to Sophie.

I use the opportunity to grab Biana from behind. I move to quickly and quietly she doesn't notice me until after I've got my hands around her wrists behind her back. She starts to scream, but Sophie runs over and places her hand over Biana's mouth. Behind Sophie is a mirror, which is giving me a perfect view of Biana. Her eyes are filled with terror and her hands are clasped around Sophie's arm, which is still covering Biana's mouth. Biana must of noticed the mirror's angle now as well, because when she looks at the mirror hurt and anger join her other emotions. She doesn't try to become invisible, she knows its pointless. Sophie still smears the pink powder onto Biana, covering part of her arms, legs, and even putting some in her hair. 

"There." Sophie says. "We're not going to hurt you Biana. But we need you to cooperate with us."

Biana slightly nods her head as Sophie takes her hand off of Biana's mouth and leads her to the chair. I barricade the door, just in case she tries to escape.

"I know what you want." Biana says, not meeting any of our eyes. "She already left."

"And where did she go?" Sophie asks, squatting in front of Biana.

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?" I ask, coming over.

"She's not a threat." Biana says.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Sophie asks.

"Maybe you can't." A mysterious voice that sounds feminine says before my vision goes black and I'm taken to a dreamless sleep.