Chapter 21 - Sophie POV

I headed downstairs and went out the back door towards the garden. I closed my eyes, taking in everything around me. You could softly hear the birds chirping and feel the light breeze gently pushing me. If you took a deep breath in through your nose you could smell the flowers. It felt like a scene from a fairy tale.

The moment quickly ended however, because as I was walking with my eyes closed I accidentally placed one of my crutches on a small rock and almost tripped. I decided to walk with my eyes open for the rest of the trail.

I soon reached the end of the garden and could see more trees start to appear. I took a quick break to give my arms a little rest before I continued down the path.

I thought about random things as I walked. I mainly thought about the ball and Fitz. That day was one of the most chaotic days of my life. I was shot in the leg, Keefe woke up, and to top it all of we went to a dance. Oh, and I publicly came out with Fitz.

Soon enough I neared the end of the lot and found my hidden path. I turned and took the path, and about 2 minutes later I reached the pond.

I went over and sat on a rock near the water and pulled out Rohan's books an my notes.

I still have no idea how to open the other 3 books, but I know that Mr. Forkle was a huge part in what Rohan wrote about. I decided to add that to my notes.

~ The letters spell SEF
~ SEF are my initials

~ Rohan worked with Mr. Forkle and Blur
~Forkle played major role

~ Rohan doesn't trust his wife
~ Wife is with mysterious group
~ Lied about group

~ Wife blood doesn't open lock

~ Serum almost complete
~ Created serum so he could have daughter

~ Blood lock for both
~ One person besides Rohan can open

1. What is Rohan's wife's name?

2. What group did his wife join?

3. Where does Rohan's wife live?

4. What did Rohan and Mr. Forkle talk about?

5. Who's blood opens the lock?

6. Why are my initials in the book?

7. Are there any more clues about why Rohan went missing?

8. Does Elwin know anything about the serum?

9. What did Mr. Forkle and Rohan work on?

10. Did Rohan ever finish the serum?

11. Who is Crystal?

I had a lot more questions then actually clues I found in the book, and even my clues turned into questions. But I decided to focus on the things I did have.

Because I'm on team Valiant I can probably get access to where Rohan used to live, and see if his wife still lives there. If she is, I can ask her a couple questions about Rohan. But I'll have to be careful, she might be crazy just like Brant.

While we are on the topic of his wife, I noticed one of my questions is about which group she joined. Now because the Neverseen and Black Swan have been discovered, people have starting picking sides. But even before that people started secretly working with one or the other. Which means any other groups have most likely broken apart because of this war. However, if there are more groups they were most likely created by the council. Which means his wife either joined the Black Swan or the Neverseen.