Chapter 6 - Fitz POV

When I woke up that morning, I just starred at the ceiling in my own thoughts. I kept thinking about the spy, and who it could be. As I made a mental list of the all people who could be the spy, I thought of Sophie. I know Sophie isn't the spy, and that wasn't why I thought of her. I thought of the dance happening in three days. I wanted to take Sophie to the dance, but Sophie had other plans that day. Even though I told Biana to talk to Sophie, the likelihood of my plan working was slim, and most likely not going to happen. Wanting to take my mind off of the dance, I decided to leave my room and go for a walk. I grabbed my jacket and put my imparter in my coat pocket and left.

Outside Everglen is gorgeous, even when you've lived here your entire life its beauty always manages to take your breath away. Especially at sunrise. The sun was mostly up, but it wasn't quite there yet leaving streaks of color going across the sky. The colors blended together, and popped. But they didn't try and outshine the other, instead they worked together and had their best shades showing, creating a beautiful canvas of colors.

I went into the garden and sat down on one of the near by benches. As I sat there, just looking at the sky, my imparter started to ring. I opened to see who was calling me, and it was Mr. Forkle.

"Hello?" I asked confused.

"Hello Fitz. I'm sure you weren't expecting a call from me today, but I have some important business to discuss with you involving Sophie."

"Um, ok." I said, still a little confused but also concerned about Sophie.

"I'll head over to Everglen and need you to open the gates for me. I'd rather not have to many people know that I came."

"Uh, sure." I said, getting up and heading over to the gates.

Mr. Forkle ended the call, so I started to walk a little faster with every step until I was running. When I saw the gates ahead of me I slowed back down to a walk and opened the gates. When the gates opened I saw Mr. Forkle standing there.

"Come." He said, walking towards my house. "There is much we need to discuss.'

"Wait!" I called after him, closing the gates and then jogging to catch up to him. "Whats so important?"

"As I'm assuming you know Sophie's life is and has been always in danger."

"I mean, I try not to think about it, but yeah."

"The Neverseen know that Sophie is living here at Everglen, and they don't see this as a hard target. After almost defeating us here before, they think they can defeat us here again, but win this time."

"Then I'll tell Grizel and Woltzer to upgrade the security here. I'm sure Sandor won't have a problem with it either."

"But even with all this security up," Mr. Forkle paused. "I'm hoping Alden told you of this already but there is a spy."

"And my father told me."

"Which means I don't want anyone coming into Everglen that doesn't live here." Mr. Forkle said as we reached the front door of Everglen.

I opened the door and lead Mr. Forkle to the living room. We sat down on couches across from each other, and I saw Grizel hide in the shadows in the corner of the room, but just as I saw her she disappeared.

"So explain this to me." I said. "Why shouldn't we allow anyone to come into Everglen."

"Who ever this spy is, we need to have caution at all times. You never know when one of your friends wants to come over and see Sophie and turns out to be the spy and then decides to strike there."

My mind made up a bunch of different visions, picturing each of my friends in a different scene getting close to Sophie, and then striking her down.