Chapter 20 - Sophie POV

I'm currently sitting at a table with Fitz, my head resting on his shoulder and his arm around my waist. The dance was slowly coming to end, but unlike most people I wasn't sad about it. This dance has caused some pretty important events, like Keefe coming back and me openly coming out with Fitz. I also rejected someone, but thats not a major event.

My eyelids slowly started to drop, but I fought to keep them open. The dance had quickly used up all my energy and now I was a tired mess. I tried not to, but I yawned and then snuggled closer into Fitz. 

 I couldn't fall asleep at the dance, not in front of the whole school. I've already had my share of embarrassing moments to last me at least 100 years. Thinking about all my embarrassing moments made me cringe. Whenever I did something embarrassing I felt like my world was ending, but in reality it wasn't. Those embarrassing moments quickly became part of my past, all I had to do was live for the future. 

Fitz noticed that I was getting tired, so he readjusted his hands on me so I could fully lay on him. I assumed we were going to sit like this, but then he picked me up. It startled me for a second, but I was so tired that I didn't struggle against him. I also didn't want him to drop me. He started walking somewhere, I think towards our friends. But once he made it to his final destination, my eyes were already closed.

Instead of falling asleep like you would assume, I started to think. I wonder what Grady and Edaline are doing? I probably scared them by running off, I wish I could do something to make them feel a little more at ease with me fighting the Neverseen.  I also feel bad for Alden, he must of felt a small amount of guilt once he saw me run. Poor Alden, he probably feels enough guilt after what happened with Alvar. Now that my thoughts are on Alvar, they've moved to Everglen. And now that I'm thinking of Everglen I can only think of the closest where Alice is.

Alice. I can't even remember what happened the last time I visited with her. Biana went up there to speak with her and give her food, but with all the crazy events I'm sure Biana didn't tell her much. Plus, I was the one who revealed most information. Biana hadn't told her anything, which at the time was better then telling her the truth.

All of a sudden, me and Fitz were in a light beam going home. It scared me, and I may have jumped a little, but I felt Fitz's arms tighten around me and then we were out of the lights and at Everglen. 

Fitz carefully unlocked the gate, and then made his way inside. I think I heard Della and Edaline at one point, but I'm not really sure. Then someone came up to Fitz and gave him a side hug and then we continued to go through the house. We soon reached a room, although which room it is I'm not sure, and then Fitz gently laid me on a bed. I opened my eyes a little and found myself back in my room, with Fitz standing next to me. When he saw my eyes open, he smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Night." He whispered, gently running his hand through my hair before turning around to leave.

I quickly grabbed his arm, and gave it a weak tug towards me. "Stay." I whispered, sounding tired.

Fitz smiled at me, and carefully made his way back to the bed and sat next to me. "I wish I could, but I don't think Grady will be very fond of the idea with me sleeping in here."

I yawned, fighting to keep my eyes open for just a minute longer. "I don't care what my dad thinks."

Fitz smirked at me, before he stood up. "Fine. I'll stay. But first I'm getting out of these uncomfortable clothes."

I groaned, and rolled onto my stomach. "This dress itches."

I could hear Fitz trying not to laugh, but I was to tired to care. "Grab me clothes from my closet so I can change."