Chapter 7 -Sophie POV

When I woke up, I had this weird buzzing feeling. Tomorrow was the last day before we went to wake up Keefe, and I was both equally excited and terrified. Either everything could go well and Keefe would be awake, or everything would go down hill and he wouldn't wake up. I decided to read Rohan's books because I haven't given them much thought since I moved to Everglen. I reached over to my nightstand and started reading.

~~~~~

Dear Reader,

  You've now gotten more than half way through my book, or more so journal, and are still here reading this page now. I'm pleased to say that by the end of this journal I will be closer to the end of my serum then I have ever gotten before. The book has only 15 pages left, and I intend to fill those pages with my work.

  I went downstairs this morning as usual, expecting to find my wife making breakfast. Instead, I found a note left on the counter written in her hand writing. It said she had gone out for the day, to meet with a new friend she made while shopping the other day. I was suspicious, but trusted her so I let it be. Seeing that I had the house to myself for the rest for the day I decided to work at home today. I made myself a cup of  cinnacreme and start working.

  Work went by smoothly. I researched different ingredients in certain serum's that cured different diseases and wrote them down and started to look at things that would work together to cure the diseases all at once. It was not an easy progress, I had to look up what was in the ingredients in the cures and what they were made of before I could start to even group anything together. It was a long and tiring process, and I easily got bored from it. To keep me going, I thought of my wife and the baby girl we both hopped we could once hold in our arms.

  I decided to finish up work around 5:30 and go downstairs and check if my wife was home yet. I check the entire house, even went outside to check, but she wasn't home. I decided to read a book for the time being until she arrived. I read for about 40 minutes, making around 6:30 by the time my wife came home. She apologized for being home so late and started making dinner right away. We talked small while she cooked, just enjoying each other's presence. While something felt off, I trusted she would tell me in on her on time and part. 

  - Rohan

~~~~~

After reading the first part of the page, I counted how many pages were left and sure enough there are 15 pages left. A found it a little interesting that the number of pages equal my age, but I decided to let it go. 15 is a common number. I also started to find it odd how his wife was going out more, and staying out longer. Who was she with? And what was she doing? And did it have anything to do with that Crystal girl? I had no idea, but I decided to get out of bed and head into the kitchen.

When I got downstairs I saw everyone sitting at the table eating breakfast. Noticing what time it was and how late I was to breakfast, I blushed and went to sit down at an open seat. The only open seat was next to Fitz and Grady, so I internally groaned and squealed as I sat down.

"Glad you could join us." Edaline said as a grabbed a plate and put a weird green donut/pancake like food on my plate.

"Ya, ya. I read another page from Rohan's book this morning."

Everyone paused for a second, before looking at me with curious and concerned looks.

"Well? What was in there?" Biana asked.

I was about to tell them about what I read and about my curiosity with Rohan's wife, when I decided against it.

"Not much." I said, eating the first bite of my breakfast. "He wrote about his work again, but I don't really know what he's doing still."