Chapter 24 - Sophie POV

I woke up that morning, feeling comforted and safe. Nothing about what happened last night hit me like a wave, or surprised me. I didn't feel scared for a second or confused. I knew what had happened, the memory of it though was just, there. 

Fitz's arms tighten around me and he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning."

Fitz voice was thick with sleep and deeper, which instantly made me blush. It was different then his normal voice, and I liked hearing it.

"Good morning to you too."

Fitz moved his head down so it was closer to my neck and closed his eyes again. I rolled my eyes, knowing we had slept in long enough. I turned around so I was fully facing him, and he smiled when I turned.

"We gotta get up."

Fitz frowned and made puppy eyes at me, but I closed my eyes and shook my head softly. Fitz reluctantly got out of bed and walked over to my side of the bed. He helped me get up, before gently pressing his lips against mine for a sweet kiss.

We both pulled apart at the same time, smiling at each other. I put both hands on his chest and have him a pat.

"Well! Time to start the day!"

Fitz chuckles, and watched me head into his closet.

"Okay, so Biana has been rubbing off on me a little, but I think we should try to match today. You know, try and have a normal couples day!" I found a navy blue tunic with white sleeves, and pulled it out to look at closer. "Blue would blend in with your eyes, but maybe if its a deep enough shade we could-" I stopped talking and looked over at Fitz, who was leaning against his bed post smiling at me. "What?" I asked, putting the tunic back up and walked out of the closet and leaning against the post, copying Fitz.

"Its nothing. I was just thinking I could get used to this."

"Get used to what?"

Fitz raised his eyebrow at me. "Us. Waking up and starting the day together."

"Well, while it would be nice, I prefer the comfort of having my own bed where I don't have to share and can sprawl out across the entire bed!" I put my arms out for emphasis, and Fitz laughed at me.

"Fair enough. Although I don't know if you'd be able to take up the entire bed, you know. Since your short"

I put my hand over my heart. "I am hurt!" We both laughed and smiled at each other, and it got me thinking more. Could I really make a living with Fitz? Make that kind of commitment? 

"Now, lets get back to picking out your outfit." I walked into Fitz's closet and pulled out the tunic I was looking at earlier. "I was thinking-"

"I think we should do red."

"Red?" I put the tunic back and looked at Fitz confused, trying to picture him in a red tunic. "Why red?"

"Because its your best color."

I blushed a deep red, and tried to cover it with the clothes so Fitz wouldn't notice. I think the fact that I tried hiding my face was enough conformation that I was blushing because I noticed Fitz was smirking. He waked over to me and pulled me out of the closet and into the sunlight.

"I'm thinking this kind of red." Fitz touched my check where I was blushing, and it made me blush even more. "Hm, but maybe not that dark."

I pushed Fitz's hand away and looked at the floor.

"This is embarrassing."

"Hey." Fitz brought my face to look back up at him, and I saw that he was softly smiling at me. "Don't hide your face away from me just because your embarrassed, I was only teasing you."

I gave Fitz I playful shove as I pushed him away. "Yeah, yeah. We still need to decide if we're doing red or blue though."

I buried myself back into Fitz's closet, inspecting all his shirts. Today would most likely be a little chilly since its the start of fall, so a long sleeve shirt would probably be better then short sleeves. I continued on with my search, thinking of the clothes I had in my closet.

"Ya know," I pulled out one of Fitz's deep red tunics with white puffy sleeves. Gold liner traced the edges of the collar and the hem of the shirt, making it look fancy. "I actually have a tunic thats really similar."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I think so at least. I'll go grab it."

I put the tunic on Fitz's desk and slowly turned the door knob. I poked my head out the door to check and see if someone was coming, and once I saw that it was all clear I quietly made my way over to my room.

It was a short trip, I grabbed the tunic, black leggings and a pair of dark brown wedge boots before I headed back to Fitz's room. I could hear people talking downstairs, but I didn't try to make out what they were saying nor who it was.

When I got back to Fitz's room I saw him sitting at his desk, writing something down.

"What are you writing?"

"Oh, its nothing." Fitz hid the paper in his drawer before I could see what was on it and turned his chair around to face me. "Did you find the shirt."

"Yep!" I held the outfit out, proud of figuring out not one but two outfits. "I saw a pair of black pants in your dresser, put those on. I'm going to change in the bathroom."

"Okay. Be quick!"

I smiled at Fitz before I turned around around and locked the bathroom door. I quickly got undressed and looked at myself in the mirror. I haven't seen my body in a long time, at least not from a mirror. I looked at my side, noticing a thing yet long scar trailing down to my hip. Its the only scar I have thanks to Elwin's medicines, but this one was cut so deep this was the best he could do.

I pulled the tunic over my head before I started to remember why I had the scar and go through all the memories again. There's no use in remember the past now, just look towards the future.

Once I was dressed I let my hair fall and gently combed through it. Its a little messy I will admit, but I doubt anybody's going to care.

I twisted the door knob and gave the door a light push and instantly felt the suns heat across my face. There, in front of an open window letting in a soft breeze as it carried the suns heat, sat Fitz. His skin took a golden hue in the morning sun and his hair gently got pushed back by the breeze. His knee bent up so his arm could rest on it while his other leg touched the floor. He's already dressed in his part of our matching outfits, and he looked good. I mean, really good.

The bathroom door closed and Fitz turned his head to look at me. When he saw me he flashed me one of his movie star smiles, and I melted. My face turned bright red and my breathing became ragged. If we were in the forbidden cities Fitz would be on the cover of multiple magazines.

Fitz stood up and walked towards me, grabbing my hand in his and planting a soft kiss on my check. I swear, this man is perfect.

"You ready?" 

"Yeah." My voice came out airy and light, which made Fitz's checks turn pink. I smiled, seeing Fitz get flustered also made me a little happier.

Fitz grabbed the light leaping crystal and held it out in front of him. He grabbed my hand; butterflies swirling inside me. It only took a moment, and then we were off.