Chapter 18 - Sophie POV

"Keefe! No! No shoes!" I tried to keep up with him, but I wasn't used to crutches any more. "And go a little slower!"

I tried my best to keep up with Keefe, but it was no use. I haven't used crutches in a long time, and even though Keefe's just woken up he's gotten used to walking. I finaly caught with Keefe, and he immediantly banged his fist on Elwin's door.

"Hey Elwin! We need shoes and then we're ready to go!" 

I heard Elwin grumble, and Keefe and I both tried not to laugh. When Elwin opened his door, he had a small smile on his face.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." Elwin said.

I looked up at Keefe and smiled. "We want to."

Elwin raised an eyebrow at us, but I don't know why. Was I not allowed to looked at Keefe anymore? We're friends, of course I'm going to look at him!

"Alright, just don't get too cozy."

Keefe started to blush, but only a faint pink rose to my checks. I mean, I don't have a crush on Keefe. Why would I blush over something so silly?

"Anyway, can we get the shoes so we can go?" I asked, wanting to change the subject.

Elwin thought about it for a second, before he signed and smiled at me and Keefe. "I'll ask Edaline if she can conjur some shoes for you two. I also want to do a quick check up on both of you and then your free to go."

"Thank you, Elwin!" I said, grinning.

Elwin smiled back at me, before looking at me and Keefe again. "I'll go make the call to Edaline and then I'll be out to do the check ups."

Elwin went back into his office to make the call, so I turned to face Keefe. Keefe was already looking at me with a smile. I smiled back at him.

"I'm gonna make you wear heels." Keefe said, smirking.

I gasped, and instantly stopped smiling. "You wouldn't dare!"

Keefe laughed. "Try me."

I thought about it for a second, then raced to my cot. Keefe stood their confused, and I internally smiled.

"If I get my check-up done first then I'll be able to grab my shoes before you!"

"Foster!"

Even though I was in crutches, I still managed to get to my cot before Keefe because of the head start. As soon as I reached my cot I crashed onto it and burst out laughing. Keefe put his hand on his head in a dramatic gesture and fell backwards onto his cot, making me giggle. Keefe looked up at me and smiled, and I returned the smile back. Just then, Elwin walked into the room.

"Alright, so I have-"

"Hold up, Elwin." I said, pausing him mid sentence. "I would like to have my check-up completed first."

Elwin looked at me a little confused, then turned to look at Keefe who just shrugged in response and then stuck his tongue out at me, I just rolled my eyes with a smile. Elwin looked back at me, still confused but then walked over to me with a tray of medicine.

"I don't know what you two are planning, but I've had enough experience with the two of you that I'm not going to ask questions and just do as I'm asked."

"Smart choice." I said, smirking.

Elwin put the curtain up that was separating Keefe and I and started to work. First he put on his weird googles and checked my vitals, scanned the areas that were bruised and/or injured, and then gave me some medicine.