Chapter 22 - Sophie POV

Oralie helped me brush of the dirt from my clothes, and then helped me into her house. She led me over to her living room area, and then went into her kitchen to grab some snacks and drinks. I sat on the couch farthest away from the kitchen. When she came back, she was holding a tray of mallowmelt and cinnacream.

"I know mallowmelts your favorite, and I also know you like cinnacream." Oralie noticed I was sitting far away, which made her voice sad as she talked.

She set the tray down on the table that is sitting between us, so I grabbed some mallowmelt and started eating, not caring about manners.

"What brings you here Sophie?" Oralie asked, hands folded in her lap.

I wiped my face with my sleeve, took another bite of mallowmelt, and then started talking. "I have a couple questions I want to ask you. And no, they aren't about my birth parents, or parent."

Oralie looked at the floor, before she looked at me again and took a deep breath.

"Alright then."

I grabbed my list and scanned the questions for Oralie, there aren't a lot, and put the list back in my satchel.

"First question, what do you know about Rohan?"

"Rohan?"

"You know, the guy who went missing around the time I was born."

"Oh, that Rohan. Unfortunately I can't tell you much Sophie, because even we the council don't know much."

"You gotta know something though. The council wouldn't disclose all the information they gathered, they's keep some things to themselves."

"Well Sophie this case was different. This time we weren't able to gather a lot of information."

"What about Crystal?"

"What about her?"

"Do you know where she is?"

"Not currently, but we can always check. If not I can find where she lives."

"Seriously?" I asked, a little shocked.

"Did I say something wrong?" Oralie asked.

"Um, no. But you can just give me that information?"

"What do you mean?" Now Oralie was getting confused.

"I mean, so many things here are so secretive. Yet your willing to just give me information on where she is and where she lives?"

Oralie smiled softly and grabbed some cinnacream. "Sophie, I know you wouldn't do anything bad to her. Your just trying to do the right thing."

"But-"

Oralie rubbed her temples. "Look, do you want the information or not? Because if your just going to question me giving you information I might just-"

"No!" I interrupted her, trying to think of something to say. "No, I still want the information. It would be a huge help."

Oralie smiled and took a sip of her cinnacream. "Is there anything else you need?"

"Yes, one. But I don't think your gonna have an answer because its really similar to the first one."

"Okay."

"To start it off, have you ever been to Rohan's house?"

"Yes."

"Okay, thats good. What were you doing there?"

"I was sent to look through the house with and investigate along with some other councilors."