SEVENTY THREE

"Just take her somewhere, Charlie." Fleur hissed at her brother in law.

"Why me!" He exclaimed back, raising his hands in defense.

Fleur narrowed her eyes at him and gave him a look as if to say "you know why," the man sighed and leant back in his chair, looking Athene in the eye.

"Is she really being that bad?"

Athene opened her mouth to speak but someone from behind her answered.

"Yes," Remus said, taking a seat beside the blonde woman. "She's awful."

Athene and Fleur grinned at that and Charlie gave an exasperated sigh.

"The Ash I know wouldn't-"

"Neither would the Ash I know," Athene cut in. "But she's changed, just like we all have."

"Where am I meant to take her?"

"To your mothers!" Fleur exclaimed. 

Narcissa's eyes shot up at the mention of Molly Weasley, she hoped that the conversation about the woman would continue. Her heart sunk when it didn't.

"Fine," Charlie said grimly. "I'll go and get her."

"Thank you," Athene responded. "Bye."

"I'm going to go too," Andromeda said suddenly. The woman had been stood so silently that Athene had completely forgotten about her presence, she hadn't said a word about her thoughts on Ashley. "I'm sorry that your expectations weren't met, Athene."

"Oh- I- it's not you-" she stumbled.

Andromeda smiled politely and kissed her niece on the cheek, and then turned to her sister. Narcissa had grabbed Draco by the elbow and pushed him in the direction of his aunt. 

"Take Draco with you, Andy-"

"I'm not going with her," he said, a disgusted tone in his voice.

"Theo is there," Narcissa hissed.

Draco swallowed the lump that had been in his throat since he arrived at Shell Cottage and nodded slightly. He tried to look furious at the decision that his mother had made for him but the thought of seeing Theo, the one person who could always calm him down, had steadied him. He clasped onto his aunt's outstretched hand and allowed her to pull him out of the house. He felt lighter to be in the fresh air.

Athene, Fleur, Narcissa, Remus and Bill sat silently around the dining room table, each feeling as odd as the other. Athene had expected to feel relieved after seeing Ashley after such a long time, but instead she felt shrouded with guilt and disappointment. Fleur and Remus were both outright furious at the audacity of Ashley, which was apparent as they mouthed angry words at each other across the table. Bill and Narcissa, however, were both simply confused. Confused at what they were doing, confused at what next, confused at what had happened.

"Well, what next?" Narcissa asked, unable to keep her thoughts to herself. Her voice had shaken a little but she still spoke with power, as she always did, as she had been taught to.

"What do-" Fleur started.

"Well I think that you and I should have a talk at some point," Athene replied with equal confidence.

"Yes, good, come on then." Narcissa snapped.

"I didn't say now, mother."

"Well, I did."

Athene opened her mouth to speak but no words came, she looked at Remus in shock but he just shrugged his shoulders as if to tell her to go with her.