TEN

"Are they going to kill me?"

Remus looked at the young woman in front of her. "Is who going to kill you?"

"The aurors."

Her old professor laughed at her, "No, Miss Malfoy, they aren't. However I think that if they met you under different circumstances they may, so perhaps try to stay on their good sides."

"And my cousin? Tonks? Will she want to kill me?"

"No, she won't. She is one of the kindest women I have met."

"You speak very fondly of her. Is there something between the two of you?"

Remus laughed at that. "Merlin, no."

Before she could ask the man anymore questions, Sirius had reentered the room, asking for an owl. Lily- Athene suddenly thought. She knew it was ridiculous but her beautiful owl had been her only friend in the recent years that she had spent at Malfoy Manor.

"Lily," she let out quietly.

"What?" Sirius asked sharply.

"Oh, nothing. She's my owl."

Remus left the room as she said that and reentered holding a cage, inside was a beautiful black owl biting on the railings. Her Lily.

Athene gasped and stood up quickly. She rushed over to where Remus held the cage and undid the hatch on the door. Lily flew out and glided around the room happily, before resting on Athene's shoulder. Her old professor could not help but smile at the sight.

"She arrived here shortly after you did. Smart owl you've got."

"Can we use her?" Sirius asked impatiently.

"Surely your brother will recognise it. Can we risk that?" Remus shot back.

Athene nodded and looked at the bird. She closed her eyes and when she opened them Lily was no longer jet black but instead tawny brown.

"Take her," she said to Sirius. The two men looked as if they were in shock at the magic that Athene had just produced. Sirius picked up the owl gently and took it to the windowsill, where he tied the letter to her leg and muttered, "Minerva Mcgonagall."

By the time the owl had returned, with the letter successfully taken off its leg, Athene was being questioned by Mad-eye and Kingsley. It was obvious that they didn't trust her at all, they too would not stop bringing up Ashley and she felt as if she would collapse. Thankfully, they both agreed to her staying, provided that someone was guarding her and with her at all times. When they left Dumbledore arrived with Nymphadora Tonks, Athene's cousin.

She stepped out of the fireplace covered in soot. Her hair was all over the place and her clothes shabby. It looked as if it were her who had been on the run for days, not Athene.

"Wotcher, Sirius!" The young witch spoke excitedly. "How are you? I had a great mission the other-" Her voice cut off when she noticed Remus stood behind him. "Oh-" She began to blush. "Remus, hi, how are you? It's so good to see you." Athene stifled a laugh unsuccessfully at the woman. She could not believe that they could be related in anyway. Regardless, she stood up and walked over to the pink haired woman, who took a step back (hilariously into Remus), as Athene approached her.

"Athene Malfoy."

"Hi, umm, I'm Nymphadora. Not Nymphadora, just Tonks. I'm Tonks, hi. So you're Athene, wow."

Athene smiled at her cousin. She liked to ramble, clearly. Narcissa had always taught her not to ramble.

"Miss Tonks," Dumbledore began.