THIRTEEN

Neither of the two men living in 12 Grimmauld Place had spoken to Athene Malfoy any more than necessary. Truthfully, they both hated her and were terrified of her at the same time. Athene did not mind being ignored, in fact, she enjoyed it. Since she had shown off the true extent of her wandless magic, Lupin and Black had not bothered her once. She had written them a list of death eater names, signed off on a written version of the Ashley Smith story, and been told to practice wandless confundus charms. All in all, she felt more at peace than she ever had.

Despite her enjoyment of the peace, Athene knew that she needed to train with someone. Wandless magic exhausted her, but that was just about the only thing which was keeping her there. Without her power, she was sure that the order would simply throw her back to the death eaters. As much as she hated the idea, Athene knew that Remus Lupin could help her. 

She was hovering by the door to the kitchen, listening in on the conversations happening inside.

"They're meeting weekly..." Came the voice of Remus.

"Where could possibly be safe enough to do all that?" Asked a deep female voice.

"Room of Requirement," he replied. 

"Bloody brilliant," said the voice of Sirius. 

"If the ministry find out-"

"They won't Molly."

"He's not James, Sirius."

"I know Molly-"

A gruff voice, which Athene thought she recognised as Mad-Eye interrupted, "this is all very fascinating, but it may interest you to know that this conversation is no longer private." Before she could announce herself or step back, the door to the kitchen swung open and Athene was stood staring at the order. 

Around the table sat Sirius and Mad-Eye, both at the two heads of the table. Then Remus and Tonks sat together on one side and Molly and Arthur Weasley on the other.

"Wotcher, Athene!" Came the chirpy voice of Tonks. Remus rolled his eyes beside her and shook his head at the witch. "What?" She muttered in response. "She bloody attacked us," Remus said.

Athene huffed, "oh grow up Lupin, you attacked me first."

"You spoke about James and Lily."

"I was talking about my owl," she replied sarcastically. She then looked to her cousin, "Hi Nymphadora," she said sweetly. Tonks opened her mouth to say something but shrunk back into her seat.

"Don't call her Nymphadora," Remus said to the woman.

"Cute," said Athene. "Anyway, I need your help, Moony."

"What with?" Sirius demanded.

"Can't tell you, secret, sorry." She said back, a smirk growing on her lips.

"You're a real bitch, you know that Malfoy?"

"I guess it runs in the family, eh Black?" She replied with a wink as she left the room.

"Are you sure we can't just owl Lucius and tell him she's here?" Sirius asked with an exasperated sigh.

"What and risk her exposing our safe house? Use your brain, Black." Mad-Eye responded gruffly.

"She's kept this place a secret for years," Remus said thoughtfully. This was something which he had been pondering for a while, Sirius and himself had had countless conversations, which verged on arguments, about whether or not the witch was trustworthy. Sirius felt that anyone who was a Malfoy could not be trusted, Remus felt that Athene was undoubtedly someone who they could trust. No one else in the order, with the exception of Molly Weasley, agreed.