SEVENTEEN

The odd looking group of people were being watched by various muggles as they made their way through King's Cross Station.  Perhaps it was the woman with bright pink hair and long, black robes. Or the man with huge scars covering his face. Or the two dogs, who would not stop barking at each other, or indeed anyone who came too close to them.

"Would you two shut up," hissed Remus, as he stared down at the two animals. The golden dog looked up at him and growled, to which he rolled his eyes and huffed whilst muttering under his breath. 

Athene loved seeing the world as a dog, what an easy life she would have, perhaps she should make the transition permanent. No parents, no brother, and no annoying order. They got through the barrier no problem and she sat, wagging her tail, next to Lupin and Tonks as Sirius took Harry into an aside room to speak to him. She was glancing around the platform in nervous anticipation but all she saw was legs. Tonks nudged her head gently and knelt down to whisper in her ear.

"They're at the end. Right up there." Athene nudged her head into Tonks' hand in thanks and the pink-haired witch smiled and nodded.

"Where's she going?" Remus asked her.

"Her parents are up there."

"And you didn't think to follow?"

"They know me too, you know."

"Oh for fu-" The man started, but decided to not waste his breath and instead focus on following the golden retriever through the crowds of young witches and wizards.

Athene sat staring at her family from a corner. Lucius was there, he looked older, more stressed. She wondered if it had something to do with the prophecy. Her mother looked as beautiful as ever, but had a stoic expression on her face as she fixed Draco's collar. Draco. He looked fine. He looked normal. She breathed a sigh of relief and felt a presence appear beside her. It was Lupin, naturally.

"You alright?" He muttered down to her, aware how insane he would look to any passerby's. The dog nodded her head and trotted away, in the direction of the Malfoy family. 

"Athene," he hissed, but she was gone. 

She was approaching her mother, slowly. Draco had caught sight of her and was clicking his fingers, seeing if she would come over. So she obliged. She slowly walked towards the family, Draco laughed and held his hand out to her and she felt her tail involuntarily wagging. Her mother too, was smiling and reaching down to touch her. Athene felt immense happiness.

Of course, her father was not as happy to see the beautiful creature. He glanced down at the dog and nudged it cruely with his foot, when it didn't move he kicked it roughly and it yelped. Remus watched sadly as the golden animal retreated, limping, and entered a small room located at the other end of the platform. He followed her quickly and watched as she transformed back into the familiar witch. She had tears in her eyes and was breathing sharply whilst clutching her side. The two's eyes met and they held the contact, neither of them speaking through Athene's laboured breaths.

"Can I check if your ribs are broken?" He asked her softly. She only nodded in response. He rested his hand on her side and she flinched, so he pulled away. She smiled slightly and muttered "sorry."

"You're fine," he said. "I mean your ribs, they aren't broken."

"Thank you," she muttered.

"Are you okay?"

"You said I am."

"You know what I mean."

Athene tried to speak but no words came out, she began gesturing with her hands and started, "He- he-" but was cut off by her own sobs. Remus looked at the witch sadly and acted on instinct. Before she could say or do anything, Athene found herself with her head pressed against his chest. She wrapped an arm around his neck and grabbed a fistful of his jumper as she continued to sob. He held her until she stopped.