NINE

Athene sighed in relief at Sirius' words. She was alive. For now she had protection and for months, that was all she had wanted.

"Who's in the order?" She asked, looking at Dumbledore.

"Well, that's Molly and Arthur Weasley, Mad-eye, Minerva, Severus. Kingsley and Mundungus too, I suppose. There's also the younger members. Nymphadora. Bill and Charlie Weasley."

Athene blinked multiple times, unsure which name to be the most shocked at.

"Snape? You're telling me that Dark Lord servant Snape is in your order?" She said, with a slight hint of humor in her voice.

Remus chuckled at that and Sirius rolled his eyes.

"I trust Severus," Dumbedore said.

"And we trust Dumbledore." The two friends said in synch. 

"And Nymphadora? As in my cousin Nymphadora?" Athene pressed.

"Yes, but don't call her Nymphadora." Remus said with a small smile. 

"What?" Athene snapped. 

"Tonks," he said. "She goes by Tonks."

After an unreadable glance between Sirius and Remus and a long pause. Black spoke to Dumbledore. 

"I want Harry here. I want Harry to decide too. I hope he will live here one day soon, and him and his friends will be staying here in a few weeks. They get a say."

Dumbledore nodded.

"Mr Potter will be here by the end of the day. Mr Black go to the burrow. Get the Weasleys. I'll get Fred and George from school. They're of age now."

"I don't think Molly wants-" Remus began, but Dumbledore held up his hand. "How old were you when you joined the order Mr Lupin." He asked rhetorically, to which Remus nodded in acceptance. 

Sirius and Dumbledore stepped towards the fireplace, both grabbing a handful of floo powder. Sirius went first. Before Dumbledore dropped the powder he looked to Remus. "Don't let her escape, Mr Lupin. Stun her if necessary."

Athene scoffed as he left. Why the fuck would she try to escape?

Her and Lupin didn't speak. She glanced at him every so often. He was standing up, leaning against the kitchen counters. He looked the same as he did when last she saw him two years ago. Less stressed maybe, which was ironic considering the circumstances. Perhaps teaching really was stressful. 

She thought about the members of the order. The Weasleys. Charlie and Bill had both been older than her at Hogwarts, and she had never interacted with either of them. Hopefully that meant that neither would want to kill her. Their parents, well, Lucius hated them and she hated Lucius. Did that make them aligned? As for Fred and George. Fred wouldn't leave her alone since he first decided that he had a crush on her in his first year, and George hated her because she was a Slytherin. There was nothing there which justified murder, she thought.

She knew that 'Mad-eye' and Kingsley were both aurors, dark wizard catchers. She certainly qualified as that. Perhaps they would kill her. And her cousin, Tonks, perhaps she'd take pity. Although, Sirius hadn't so why would she? Before she could even begin to ponder how screwed she was by Snape, there was rushing noise and Sirius and the Weasleys stepped out of the fire place, one by one.

"Merlin," said who Athene thought she recognised as Bill. "It really is her." The two boys looked similar. Bill was tall with straight, ginger hair with piercing eyes, whilst Charlie was shorter with freckles and slightly more curly hair. They stared at her as if she was some sort of freak. Bill didn't looked phased by the sight of a death eater in 12 Grimmauld Place, but Charlie looked sick.