chapter 1

Eren p.o.v.

I wake up to the sound every student hates the most; the alarm clock. I hate high school and how early it starts... who doesn't. I force myself to sit up and not fall back asleep. I couldn't care less about most of the people at school so getting the will power to care about getting ready and actually leaving my house is quite hard.

I live with my dad, my mom died when I was 11 years old and it was never the same without her but I've gotten used to it sorta. My dad is never home anyways so it's kinda just like I live alone which is nice most of the time. He works for some weird government business he won't tell me about so he's always on top secret trips or something.

I slowly walk to my closet, rubbing my sleepy eyes. I pick a grey pocket t-shirt and some white skinny jeans to wear for the day. I get dressed, tucking in the front part of my shirt letting the rest hang loose, then I walk to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth I begin to work on my hair, wetting it a bit then running my fingers through it wildy, giving it a messy look. It really doesn't do anything except make it look like I put very minimal effort into it.

Walking downstairs I think of what to eat, I usually just make something quick for breakfast so I put some waffles in the toaster and wait for them to be done. The clock on my oven says 5:51, meaning I have to be at school in 10 minutes. My waffles pop just at the right time. I grab them, holding them in my mouth while I slip on my black vans and grab my bag and keys, planning to eat my breakfast in the car.

~~~

Once I'm at school I park my car in the parking lot for students and feel a wave of reluctance wash over me. Another torturous day here at this eternal hell. I open the car door and get out, grabbing my things I'll be needing for class such as my bag and my phone, along with my headphones: the necessities. Once I walk to the front door the bell rings right before I reach the inside of the building meaning I'm going to be a couple minutes late...oh well, the administration can get over themselves.

I hurry to my locker after checking into the office since they considered me 'super late'. Finding my math binder and book, I shove them and the rest of my school stuff into my bag and head to class; math first. As I walk into my class room everyone turns around and stares at me as if I were some strange being that didn't belong there. I mean it's true but that's besides the point.

"Do you have a pass Eren?" My teacher, Mr. Erwin asks me.

"No, they just told me to get to class quickly, like usual." I respond, hoping he won't make me go back and get one. It wouldn't surprise me if he did, he's done it in the past plenty of times.

"Fine, sit down Jeager, but next time you will need one." He says in his go-to monotone voice that claws at your ear drums like chalk scraping against a chalkboard. I nod in response, avoiding argument and pulling my stuff out. I hate his tall blonde ass so much. Not to mention his eyebrows are the size of caterpillars. They're probably bigger then his dick, if he even has one to begin with.

During class I don't even listen to what the teacher says because, being completely honest, he isn't the best of teachers. His teaching skills are awful.
Out of boredom, I look over across the little isle in the room between the rows of desks and realize some kids are gone. A few people who are usually here aren't, like Levi Ackerman. He's hated by so many males at the school but the girls seem to be all over him. In the halls I always hear something about him being 'gorgeous' or 'perfect' which really gets annoying after you've heard it a million times; I can only imagine how he feels about it. I've never heard anything particularly bad about him except that he has an insanely high ego and is pretty closed off, which is the main reason guys don't like him. Especially whenever someone tries to talk to him and be friendly, he just ignores them. I don't know why the girls swoon over someone with such a bad personality so much, he's not that great. There's definitely better guys at this school.

I spend the rest of the class ignoring whatever the teacher is saying, thinking about anything and everything that enters my mind, and watching the time tick by painfully slow.
~~~