chapter 5

Ok, one thing guys. Eren calls Erwin like anything he wants to. I realized a while ago I just randomly started calling him every nickname he can possibly have. So yeahhh, sorry if I confused any one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eren p.o.v.

After the bell rang, dismissing us from school, I walk out to my car. A familiar blonde calls my name out causing me to turn around.

"What is it Armin? I have somewhere to be." I said to him, trying to be quick. It sounded mean and I felt a twinge of guilt but I guess you could say I'm in a rush. I wasn't planning on sounding that harsh though.

"O-oh. I was just going to ask if you wanted to come over for a while." He said, confusion and sadness in his voice.

God damn, there he goes pulling his adorable little puppy eyes that get him whatever he wants. As he atrempts to get his way, I notice only a few people are still filing out of school, meaning the majority are probably gone. Which means I need to hurry up.

"Well actually, I already have plans to hang out with someone." I replied, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. He raises an eyebrow in confusion but....slight amusement?

"You have plans? Is it with Mikasa?" He still looked quite amused with me.

"No! It's with...someone else." I said, unsure if I should tell him who it was or not. I don't know how he would react if I told him I was going to hang out with Levi because that's just not normal.

"Oh really. Who is this person then?" He replied with a smirk. He looked maybe a little shocked but I could see what he was doing and I could tell he didn't believe me.

"God damn it Armin, I'm going to be late. Can I text you later?" I answered his question with a question, not really answering anything in the end.

Good job, me, avoid the topic.

"I'll just tell mikasa that you're doing something suspicious, and you know her. She'll set out a search party to find you, then you won't get anything done tonight." He said evily.

I told you he was manipulative, because I fell for it. Mainly because he mentioned Mikasa and she's pretty fucking crazy, plus shes already pissed at me so it wouldn't end well for me.

"Fine, fine. I'm going to hang with Levi Ackerman.  You know him righ-" He cut me off with a suprised look on his face and his mouth dropping.

"Wait what! You are hanging out with Levi?! How the hell did you manage to set this up?" He looked with a bewildered expression.

Ugh, now I have to explain and I bet we look like complete idiots due to the fact we got off school 10 minutes ago and we are still standing outside of the school.

"He set it up. Not me. He said he asked you for my number and you gave it to him." I said, trying to make sure Armin heard that last part clearly while unlocking the driver side to my car.

"Ohhhhh yaa. He asked for it but said his friend needed it. He said...Gunther needed it or something. I'm not sure." He said, trying to put together the little puzzle called memory back together inside his brain.

"Well.....thanks? Still don't give my number out, you freak." I say, chuckling at my meaningless insult towards him.

Hoping he wouldn't say anymore, I hopped inside the car.

"Well, I'll let you know what happens." I said with a wave while I backed up and began to leave the parking lot.

-time skip to park-

I glanced at the clock on my dash board and saw it said 3:35. Man, it's been 35 minutes since I got off and it feels like it's been hours. Am I...dreading hanging out with Levi? Maybe anxiety? I usually don't get anxiety but....I'm not sure.

Once I park on the road next to the park, I see the one and only Levi. He's sitting on one of the benches, staring at something. All I see of him is the back if his wispy coal-black hair though so I can't see his facial expression. He must have heard my car because he turned around, glanced at me and turned back around. I quickly got out of my car and closed the door, locking it.

I start to walk over to the bench he was rested at. Oh god, here goes nothing... wait why am I getting a weird feeling in my stomach? Nervousness? No. It was something unfamiliar.

Out of no where, in no time, I was at the bench he was located at.

"H-hey." I said. Damn why did I have to stutter now. It's just talking, calm down.

He looks over to me and our eyes lock but the moment is short lived.

"Hi, brat." He said in a monotonous voice, crossing his legs.

"Why did you want to 'hang out' if you were only going to insult me?" I ask out of pure curiosity. I'm asking a true question, I wanted to know. If he was just wasting my time I would rather be at Armins house.

"It's not an insult, I call pretty much everyone brat. And anyways, you're lucky I want to hang out...I-i mean, you're lucky we are hanging out. I don't do it very often, especially with people like you." He spoke. I'm not sure to whether take some of that as a compliment or an insult...or be amused that he stuttered.

He seemed tense. Or maybe I seemed tense. He did stutter and well, I was guessing he was the type to be able to hold his ground but maybe not.

"Well, what do you want to do...or whatever?" I asked, sort of with an annoyed tone. I mean he did set this up, he might as well have plans or something for us to do instead of sit here in awkward silence. Unless that's what he wanted to do then I guess that could be ok.

"Well, I was thinking maybe going down to the mall. I need to pick something up for my...mom." He said it with an unsure tone. He also spat the word 'mom' out as if he hated it.

"Uh...yeah! That's fine. Which store do you need to go to?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"I just need to walk around. I need opinion. I just want to go to a couple stores, none in particular." He said, informing me. I don't say anything in return, except I just turn on my heel and start towards my car. That's when I notice Levi following me. No car?

"Don't you have a car?" I ask nervously, trying not to sound rude. Me and levi, that close in proximity? Wait, what's the issue with that. It would be like any other person being in the car with me. Why is he different.

He's not.

"Does it look like there's another car here?" He replied harshly as he opened the passenger door. He continued his sentence. "Anyways, I did have a car, but it got wrecked in an....accident. I wasn't the one to crash it though."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, apologeticly. Cars are expensive and wrecking one must have sucked. Once we were both in the car, I turned it on feeling the rumble underneath me.

"No need to be sorry brat. It was a mistake for me having someone else drive it." I didn't reply. I just backed out of the spot I was parked at and drove off. This was going to be a long afternoon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~