12 | compromise

"Did I do something the other week after we went to that bar, unnie?" Jennie asked her manager.

They were just going home from dinner after a long day of shoot. They were into the 2nd week of work already, maybe a week or more and they'll be done.

"Nothing. You lost the games and drank like many bottles and you were tipsy as well. Lisa brought you to your room. Why?" Her manager asked.

"She's been avoiding me since. I would often ask her to come over to hangout at my room or eat lunch or dinner together, but she always says no to me. I feel like I did something when I was drunk."

Her manager stopped walking for a minute as she looked at Jennie straight in the eye.

"Is there something more to just the 'bestfriend' label you have with Miss Manoban, Jennie?"

"No. She's just a friend. Atleast that's what she wants." Jennie pouted.

"How about you, what do you want?"

"Don't come grilling me now!" Jennie complained while laughing.

"I'm just glad your performance was not affected by your breakup with Chahee."

After that conversation with her manager, they bid their goodbyes and Jennie went off to her floor. She was infront of her and Lisa's room. She was not sure if she would knock and ask if Lisa has eaten yet, since Lisa declined her once again earlier.

She was about to knock when the door swung open, Jennie still has her knuckles on midair while Lisa was startled seeing Jennie.

"Oh, I thought you arrived a while ago." Lisa said.

"No. Just now. Did you eat, yet?" Jennie asked.

"I was just about to go down and look for food."

"At ten in the evening?" Jennie asked and Lisa nodded in response, "Lisa? Is something wrong? Why are you avoiding me?"

Lisa looked at Jennie intently startled by the question, "No. I'm not. I was just helping with the edits. That's why. So we can go home soon."

"Are you sure? Everything between us, all good?"

"Yes, of course."

Jennie nodded and moved away so Lisa can come out of her room. She turned around and was about to open her door when she spoke once again,

"Can I come with you?"

Lisa has no choice but to say yes. Even if that means her week of avoiding Jennie would just go down the drain.

<<—––––————>>

Just as they arrived at the nearest 24/7 open convenient store, Jennie rushed to the ice cream section and began searching for the milk ice cream she truly adored ever since her eyes opened on earth. Lisa lightly chuckled seeing Jennie digging over the ice cream cooler while she went her way to the noodles section. She was choosing from the variety of instant noodles that are stacked on different colored containers—mostly red ones. She smiled in contentment seeing the same noodle she bought ever since she started not going with the staff to dinner, which was for a week now.

She volunteered to pay for Jennie's ice cream as Jennie happily gave it to her and found a chair just inside the store. Lisa then proceed to mix her noodle with the hot water and began pouring in the seasonings and stirring it with the wooden chopsticks she bought for an extra euro earlier.

Carrying the noodle slowly, she made her way to Jennie who was now enjoying her cup of ice cream. At the first ten minutes, they were both quiet. Jennie was too busy to speak as she was finishing off the sweets, while Lisa was partially glad that there was silence. Because she doesn't know what to tell Jennie once she starts to ask about the week avoiding.