24 | locks

The rushing of the passengers around the airport are visible from miles away. Announcements of delayed flights, departing flights, boarding flights and arrived flights are heard all throughout the place. 

"What's taking her so long?" Jennie mumbled.

"Honey, be patient she's coming soon." Lisa whispered.

When a dark haired woman emerged from the arrivals, with her gray turtleneck and black slacks. Pushing behind a white luggage, Jennie felt relief.

"Finally, mom." She said before hugging and kissing her mother.

"Welcome back home, Auntie." Lisa said before kissing her.

"Lisa, how many times do I have to remind you to call me mom from now on. You're marrying my única hija!" 

"Sorry, mom." Lisa shyly said.

It has been eight months since they returned from Vegas. The four of them managed to keep the wedding from everyone else. Spending Christmas and New Year together, they reminisced all the happenings from a year ago, which lead to now.

A week before the wedding, Jennie's mom has finally flew home to Korea. A week ago, Lisa's parents arrived. The preparations for the grand wedding are almost complete. Jennie's tailored dress is hidden somewhere on their house where Lisa swore to never peek on. Lisa's dress has been decided to be kept on the tailor's place though, knowing how Jennie can never stomach suspense and would surely peek on it the very moment it arrived home.

They have decided to do the countryside wedding, where the venue was in the woods on one of Mr. Kim's country house back in Daegu. Where there was a cliff surrounded by the trees and an overlooking view of the river below, Duryu Park. The reception would be at the country house and the lawn which was very wide and can cater about a thousand guests, the usual plan.

Not even a single soul other than Rosie and Jisoo knew about the wedding in Vegas and no one knew that the couple were already married. It added a bit of thrill for Lisa and Jennie to be married once again, when they already are married.

But the grand wedding was very much needed, since the wedding in Vegas only lasts until a year. Now the problem was bringing the marriage certificate from Vegas to the wedding in Daegu where all of the guests will finally know that the two are long married.

They have decided though, to use the date of the grand wedding as their anniversary date and would also have date nights for the first wedding.

"Now I wanna see the venue in Daegu right away. Settle the needed decorations and I would also want to see you in your dress, dear." Ms. Kim said to Jennie.

"Yes mom. We are going to Daegu right away tomorrow."

"Did you two take a leave already?" she asked.

"Yes." Jennie clarified.

The two have returned to work ever since Christmas break was finished, and for the wedding, they have decided to file a leave once again, a week before the wedding until after the honeymoon. Considering that Lisa's boss was Jennie's close friend, it wasn't a problem. And as for Jennie, being a model pretty much entitled her to her own schedule. So she did not accept any heavy workloads for now and settled for advertisements or cover shoots.

They have offered their mother a room on their condo but the elder woman decided it was better to have a hotel since she didn't wanna trouble them further. Once they dropped Ms. Kim off, they went home. 

"Kuku, oh kuku." Lisa mumbled as soon as Kuma came jumping around when they arrived home, "Are my children hungry? Are they?" she said before going to the kitchen where seven pets are on her trail.